Offroad Proflex 550 - Bridlington

Are you joking. What happened there !! Collection only from outer Hebrides 🙈
I once bought a kilauea frame " with bars and marzocchi forks, seatpost"for just over £100.. drove 6 hours to Wales.. ended up getting curve cranks thrown in, the post was a use suspension. Bars were x lite cross country. X lite bar ends, deore dx levers on bars, m739 shifters ( working)..all of which I was unaware of.. in these far to reach places there is muck..but occasionally brass.
Another time, bought an explosif frame disc for £30.. the guy was sick of all the retro stuff in his garage.. out in the sticks.. got £300 worth of parts for extra £50.. the car was full.. had to leave stuff behind..
The road less travelled.
Go forth.. with hope in your heart.
Anyhow a long drive is an excuse to see the country and escape wife and kids..

It was in Brid, not the moon! :LOL:

Agreed Shaz, it's defo worth travelling around, I've had some great finds including a titanium bike that had been badly painted and had full M900 XTR. Had this been a bit higher spec I might have gone further but worst, and likely case was making all the effort just to sell it on for cost. Hopefully whoever got it ends up with a goldmine though!

There should be a register of retrobikers in various parts of the country, who are prepared to pick these up if distance not great who for petrol, packing and delivery costs could be counted on.. 😀
There's a thought..
I'm available for Lancashire.. and surrounding environs.
Karma if nothing else.

There should be a register of retrobikers in various parts of the country, who are prepared to pick these up if distance not great who for petrol, packing and delivery costs could be counted on.. 😀
There's a thought..
I'm available for Lancashire.. and surrounding environs.
Karma if nothing else.
We did actually have a thread in the past that did exactly that. Not sure what happened to it though?

Back