Offers ?!?

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I’m sure like many on here I browse eBay , gumtree , FB and other places to buy bikes

Only recently been using FB and I’ve noticed so many adverts that are priced at “£0” and want “Offers”. Gumtree is similar but nowhere near as bad.

Does anyone else even bother to respond to these adverts?

I personally never even bother.

Re:

No, me neither. Usually means they want well over the odds and seem offended if you offer low ball or market value.

Re:

I much prefer the sites/pages that are well administered and state you have to put a price with any ads.

Re:

brocklanders023":36c5zjee said:
No, me neither. Usually means they want well over the odds and seem offended if you offer low ball or market value.

This 100% - it's rife down here in the Smoke, and the sellers almost always want way over the odds.

It doesn't normally stop me throwing a cheeky lowball their way though, if it's something I fancy :LOL:

Re:

I definitely avoid those ads.They are infuriating if you they have a part you need though.I have messaged for a price and got the usual-"what do you offer" or "whats it worth to you".Other ads I immediately avoid are "testing the water","I know what I have"etc etc.I`m a member of a few Facebook groups and they have introduced a rule where an item must have a valid price or its removed,like here.

Back