Oakley Frogskins

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My avatar's a bit of a giveaway on this one. Been wearing my old Crystal Clear / Violet Iridium Forgskins for years now and last year I realised that they're really a bit too scratched up for everyday use. The problem is that the new reissued Frogskins seem to fit wider (and are no good for me with a narrow face), plus I can't even just use the newer lenses because they don't fit the old frames. Added to that, the violet iridium of the reissues is just not the same as the classic original colour (it's more blue, less lilac) and the crystal frames, though probably a bit tougher than the old ones which cracked everywhere, are not the same either (too polished). In many ways then, the originals are best.

So I've been on the lookout for any old sets in really good nick, or just lenses, for ages now. This summer I finally found a really good (virtually NOS) set just like my old ones. And barely had they arrived when I found someone with a set of crystal black / violet and crystal clear / red iridium - all in really good condition. So I'm suddenly the owner of one pretty tatty pair and three excellent pairs. That I'm not going to part with. Ever. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_6296 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_6296 (Custom).JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6301 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_6301 (Custom).JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 153
Re:

Only Oakleys I still wear, many pairs though.

I still take the Juliet’s out and stroke them now and again but can’t wear them in public...

Back