*Now in PAINT!* 1993 Yokota Yosemite Columbus OR

Thanks! I was starting to think that I'd dragged my feet on updates for so long that all my Yokota fans had gone home in depressed disgust!

Of course, admitedly that may also be because there really aren't a lot of Yokota fans out there to begin with!! :LOL:

The green about made me vomit, and I really stumbled on this option completely on accident. Call me a weirdo, but I love the yellow-white-blue pastel fade! Funny how you stumble on solutions like this....

The frame, fork and stem are all finished, and now I just need to rub out the frame a bit and put on some parts. :cool:

Topo project will live on with a beat Velocity stem I have that I'll use as a test bed.... a story for another thread. :D

Attachments

• IMG_5558small.JPG
    IMG_5558small.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,732
  • IMG_5557small.JPG
    IMG_5557small.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,732
  • IMG_5556small.JPG
    IMG_5556small.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,732
  • IMG_5555small.JPG
    IMG_5555small.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,732
VERY GOOD JOB!! :cool:

I also appreciate the colours choice because they are original and you did not try to make a ritchey copy replica....

And now a bit of polishing to knock down the clear coat and make it all nice and uniform. The stem in the previoous shots is prior to polishing, and you can see it looks very good. Well, it kicks ass now, so I'm a happy man. :cool: Progress continues, so for these teaser shots I'll show the fork.

You can see that I'm using a bottle of goo to help me polish the fork, and I've also got some 3M Rubbing Compound! :LOL: :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5572small.JPG
    IMG_5572small.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,666
  • IMG_5571small.JPG
    IMG_5571small.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,666
  • IMG_5570small.JPG
    IMG_5570small.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,666
DONE!

Painted!

Fork, stem and frame. DiaCompe aheadset and a little red top cap that might be a sign of things to come. I'll start a new thread when I do the rest of the build though, because I have to build the Yokota's wheels, and first, there's a Rocky Mountain Avalanche in my possesion that needs wheels also! So to the rafters of the bike room goes the Yosemite, and down comes the Rocky.

The paint is done though, and I like it. For the three people on Retrobike still paying attention to my little Yokota project, thanks! :LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_5591small.JPG
    IMG_5591small.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,644
  • IMG_5579small.JPG
    IMG_5579small.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_5577small.JPG
    IMG_5577small.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,644
  • IMG_5575small.JPG
    IMG_5575small.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,645
No, more than three interested matey :LOL:

Really nice job you're doing and look forward to seeing the finished product. I'm plucking up the courage to start painting a frame/forks for a possible single speed project so need inspiration right now ! Carry on the good work :cool:

Steve.

Thanks, man. I appreciate the support! I knew that a Yokota would be an off the wall project to do and that it wouldn't have a lot of glam to it, so I'm ok with the relative anonymity! :LOL: :LOL: It's no Fat Chance! ;)

I'm very happy with how it came out, but a little bummed that it took a detour away from the original Topo-map project that I'd originally planned. I need to do some more paint shopping to pull that one off, I think. Got to get the colors right for that, or it'll look like poo and not like a map! :cool:

Watching from AZ buddy, bummed its going into the rafters! I wanna see that thing built. One comment, I love the color fade, but don't think red would be very complimentary.

Well done on the paint!

R.

Linoleum":1lb72a0i said:
Watching from AZ buddy, bummed its going into the rafters! I wanna see that thing built. One comment, I love the color fade, but don't think red would be very complimentary.

Well done on the paint!

R.

Maybe I need to put up a poll... :LOL: Yokota or Rocky Mountain. Hmmm...

Great work- really like the colour scheme. Can't wait to see some bits on it...

Back