Not a 1990 Bassoon

Re:

Shakedown ride yesterday and what a lovely bike this is; compliant in the ride, taking the worst out of the rattle 'n' bumps, but with no trace of flex when climbing and cornering.

On cornering, the combination of frame, wheels and tyres meant I was able to carve much tighter lines on some of the corners I know well.

So, 25 miles of reasonably flat stuff and a very nice ride.

Look at all them schmucks in their cars.
DSCN0439_zps44a8134c.jpg

Fresh air and countryside.

DSCN0441_zps40082f8b.jpg

Birnbeck Pier
DSCN0443_zps91a3e43e.jpg

Re:

Fair play, that looks lovely. The decals look superb against the blue colour, works very well from where I'm sitting.
I've just got a Basso myself, so it's nice to see what else is out there!

Re:

Thanks, it looks better in the flesh. I can take no credit for the decals, they were the work of the previous owner, but you're right, they do work well with the blue frame.

I have a couple of Elite bottle cages to fit and I've just installed a Velo Orange bell as I come across a fair few horse riders when I'm on country lanes. With a bit of luck I will get out on it again this weekend.

I think Basso is one of those slightly overlooked companies, (at least in the UK) which is good for us as their frames can be sensibly priced. I know I have only done 25 miles, but the Gap rides really well compared to my other (much more expensive) road bikes; and I deliberately rode on roads I know well and have ridden a lot.

Post up some pictures of your bike when it's ready, it would be nice to see another Basso.

Re: Re:

Cavauxhall":3of0jko8 said:
Fair play, that looks lovely. The decals look superb against the blue colour, works very well from where I'm sitting.
I've just got a Basso myself, so it's nice to see what else is out there!

think it was velocals california? really nicely done. came with chainstay/top tube ones too

Re:

Did another 25 miles on the Basso yesterday, in the delightful company of my daughter on her Stealth Carrera. I had done some work on both bikes, so we took the opportunity to try them both out and enjoy a 'flat' ride.

This really is a very nice bike and I am nothing but impressed with the Campag running gear too. I fancy I'll be racking up a few miles on this delightful bike over the coming months.

Back