Noodle on Stumpies

Eagach

Orange 🍊 Fan
Can anyone tell me when the rear brake frame noodles were used on the steel Stumpies ? I can't make them out on the archive photo's at the moment.

. . . and up to '96. It was gone on the 1997 M2 Stumpies (not sure about the steel ones, but probably gone on those too).

Can anyone tell me when the rear brake frame noodles were used on the steel Stumpies ? I can't make them out on the archive photo's at the moment.

Do you mean the Dia-Comp canti cable hanger off the seat post QR bolt ? Or the noodle style welded to the frame around the seat stay.

It’s been powder coated so no sign of any numbers, the coat is too thick so unless I sand a lot back I can’t see. Looking to get i refinished at some point though.

I'm not entirely sure that is actually a StumpJumper. The seat tube collar looks too chunky, and the cable guides don't seem quite right. Can you do some close up photos of them? It might be a '93 RockHopper maybe...

I'll post some photos when I can get to it. Picture above was a before it was powder coated which is when I got it. Looking through Stumpjumper pictures on 'show us yours' there seems to be loads of variations through the years.

Back