No Spend Transcend Sunday 9th June - Peebles

Re: No Spend Transcend Saturday 8th June - Peebles

Won’t make this- does sound fun though! Might have signed up for the Epic..

Im trying to find out which gt trails will be used but no luck so far- I’d guess at trailfairy plan as it’s been mentioned by tweedlove.. there’s five trails over that side that are offpiste so I can’t see them all being used, and the climbs won’t be technically closed so shouldn’t be a problem to ride them. Only 150 racers as well so the trails will only be used part of the day.
I should have some info about a week beforehand when the trail closure notice goes up (posted at the end of the road so I usually find out these things about a week in advance)
I also think it’s likely to be at gt on the Saturday rather than Sunday- yair is being used on Sunday and I wouldn’t think they’d do both sides of inners one day then yair and gt the next!

5year followed by mild peril is a must I reckon. Also there’s some nice singletrack in spoon wood, between cademuir and Neidpath- drop off the buchan way below cademuir into the top of the wood (shaped like a spoon)- there’s a vaguely obvious wall crossing- lovely old school trail to top of the sware, cross road and drop down to the viaduct at Neidpath then over the main road and there’s a couple of lines in jedderfield that are good fun..

Another nice wee diversion is from the bottom of fairy liquid, walker path heads from just below shieldgreen up to the ridge north of venlaw, follow forest road until it starts to drop towards Peebles then cut left onto a lovely trail that takes you to venlaw summit via a field edge above soonhope, then pick any line down to the hydro..

Re:

Cheers Dave, some handy pointers there. Trailfairy Plan's been closed all week, probably doing some remedial work before it gets a hammering on the Epic then.

As you say, if Yair's on the Sunday then it's likely that Glentress will be used on the Saturday.

Thinking we should move this to the Sunday if possible? Thoughts gentlemen?

Re:

I don't understand all this Trail fairy 5year Liquid stuff, but either day is fine with me.

Might have to fit the Firm! Elastomer to my Flexstem, becsuse...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• _20190517_210231.JPG
    _20190517_210231.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 401
Re: Re:

zigzag said:
Thinking we should move this to the Sunday if possible? Thoughts gentlemen?

No difference to me, I can do either day.
Gritopia on the Sunday unlikely to take in any descents, but will this interfere with any of the climbs?

Re: No Spend Transcend Saturday 8th June - Peebles

It's look like Gritopia's only on the Saturday? It's avoiding GT altogether - staying over on the Inners side.

Section 1: Cardrona Forest – 17km/350m ascent
Section 2: Elibank & Traquair – 31km/790m
Section 3: Leithen Water forest – 40km/795m

OK, let's make it Sunday instead, and hope that the Bosch eMTB Challenge doesn't interfere.

Ebike is traquair and golfie only, so that’s not going to interfere.. there’s a YouTube preview of the course- looks like fun and I’d be in there like a shot if I could make it

Another one to look at is hammertime at gt, new trail starting same place as zorro finishing at bottom of trailfairy plan- video linked on the Trailforks site

OK, went for a burl last night. https://www.strava.com/activities/2386305903

So... Fire-road up to the mast with Berm Baby Berm stop if required. Then down Mustard Snake (slightly naughty but it's not like it's busy), Mast of Zorro & Zorro Returns, Empire of Dirt / Lucy in the Sky. Back up a wee bit and do Fairy Liquid if we fancy it. Then it's a push and walk back up to the bottom of Britney Spears via the walkers path. Back up to the mast, Carl's Lane, Truonh Chinh, Ho Chi Minh, Zoom or Bust, then off the fort down to the Hydro. Then I think a pedal into town for a late lunch at a local hostelry. And possible further shenanigans afterwards if we can be arsed.

Thoughts?

There's nothing that can't be minced. or shuffled down on your arse...

There's really only some steep-ish switchbacky corners on Zorro Returns and the final descent off Janet's Brae down to the Hydro. In both cases, it's really grippy (especially Zorro Returns, I was pleasantly surprised). Heels down, back brake, look where you want to go :) Christ, if I can ride it...

Back