No Bounce meet, cancelled for moment

Sorry, wife going dress shopping with her friend that’s getting married. Stuck doing daddy duties. Down at GT the following weekend, doing the Bosch Ebike race again.

Mmmm I’d love to go back to Glentress, was fun the last time. I’m busy this weekend though 😔. My good lady has me pencilled in for tiling the kitchen. I need to do it as I started the kitchen renovation in Jan! Just need to finish the tiling and run round with the silicon gun and it will be done. She says I can go out to play after that.

It would appear the rear derailleur hanger is subtly but annoyingly out of alignment so that no matter how you fiddle with it, one or two gears will not engage. Had a look at it and not convinced its just the hanger, possibly its mounting point on the swing arm or even the whole swingarm. Bike Station has the right tools to fix it but currently feeling quite under the weather so not got around to trying to fix it.
In fact I think I will probably not bother until the spring, I am becoming a fairweather biker. I will stick with a basic hardtail for any foolish off roading I might do this winter, if I do any at all🙄

To me who has been single speed riding and taking part in single speed mtb events since the late 90's, the idea of ss full sus is unthinkable. SS is about the purity of simplicity, plus when you only have one ratio you don't want what limited power, in my case very little, being bled off before it reaches the wheel and the ground😅
Mind you as a weak and pathetic middle ager with nothing to prove I might give it a wee go at some point😁

Back