Nigel's hoard. Depending on your fetish... This may NOT be *SFW

NigelFinnighan

Rocky Mountain Fan
Apologies in advance this is going to be picture heavy, Imma try to limit the pictures, Also I'm probably going to update my threads on each of these, so you'll be seeing lots of post by Nigel Finnighan. (which by the way for those who don't know, is my Dog's name, my name is Joel.) With the upcoming Canadian BoTM I wanted to take some decent pictures of the "Canadians" in my fleet, or at least the ones at this location (I have others in other locations). I took the pictures of the ones I was debating entering- I had a decent little rig set up, so I decided to take pictures of all the bikes, may as well I figured... I'm board, single, and it's my mother F'in Birthday.

Let's start with the Fleet of '92 Rocky Mountains- I'm trying to collect them all.

Here are the ones I was considering entering next month... let me know your thoughts, or don't... I don't know what the rules are- My goal is placing tenth or better.

The 92 Glacier. mostly done I think, just looking for a rear black Holey skewer. And if I can find a Syncros Revolution crank, and black XT hubs. By the way if anyone has anything they like to donate to finish these builds... let's talk.

IMG_6883.jpeg
IMG_6889.jpeg

The 92 Team Comp- @Volvoshredder brought this bike home on a plane to my door. thanks again- I wanted to do something different from Syncros, so I went with a Ritchey build. I have a Ritchey Logic crank for this, I just need to re logo it. Apart from that, I think this build is complete. I'll answer the question in advance- the fork is the Track Two knock off from Yakota and heavy as F... but looks the part. I sold a Logic fork to @Warhorse that would have been perfect but... maybe he wants to sell it back?

IMG_6902.jpeg

IMG_6904.jpeg
IMG_6905.jpeg

The '92 Experience- I don't think this build requires anything in particular. maybe if I find some purple and blue Ringle goodies. There are lots of little details in this build that I'm semi proud of, it's one of my favourites. Even though it rides kinda like a horse lol.

IMG_6891.jpeg
IMG_6893.jpeg

Ok so those are the one I was considering for the BoTM- here's the rest of the 92's

All black Hammer- I think I'm also pretty much done with this one.

IMG_6912.jpeg

The Equipe- this one is in great shape, I'm honestly not sure what to do with this one. I added the steerhorns and tires. the rest is how I purchased it.

IMG_6906.jpeg

And last and least. The Fusion. I recovered a seat a put it on this that's my favourite part of it to be honest. this needs some work, but it keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list.

IMG_6919.jpeg

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
on to the next category

The Non 92 Rocky Mountain- sub title but still a mountain bike, and also at this location

1995 Thin Air- I think this one is done. unless I stumble on more purple or gold Ringle bits. * Edit- do I put a silver Syncros stem on?

IMG_6923.jpeg IMG_6924.jpeg

Next category- The Canadians who claim they're American just cause they moved like a few kilometres, or they say Miles now... if the Rocky's are the tragically hip, let's call these guys the Bare Naked Ladies (but like the Gordan album Bare Naked Ladies)

The Kona's (at this location)

The 95 Kilauea- I just finished this today I love me a white Kona, please note the khaki cranks... so cool. it'll change probably but haven't had enough time to see how.

IMG_6932.jpeg

IMG_6936.jpeg

The 94 Hot- I love this build ,because it's semi low key. but I'm considering a rebuild with m900... thoughts? how would you build a Kona Hot custom ordered the same colour as the Hahanna of that year other than low key chic ? Honestly I want opinions.

IMG_6945.jpeg
IMG_6947.jpeg
IMG_6948.jpeg

And if I can ask for a little bit of fogivness here...

My 99 Merlin Echo- yes the frame is 3 years too new, but it's full Ti and a pivotless soft tail and also common who doesn't want to see this? ... apologies for the dirt, I rode this recently.

IMG_6952.jpeg
IMG_6968.jpeg

Ok That's the fleet from this location. I honestly only have a few more... mountain bike... My name is Joel and yes, I have a problem.

Last edited:
Apologies in advance this is going to be picture heavy, Imma try to limit the pictures, Also I'm probably going to update my threads on each of these, so you'll be seeing lots of post by Nigel Finnighan. (which by the way for those who don't know, is my Dog's name, my name is Joel.) With the upcoming Canadian BoTM I wanted to take some decent pictures of the "Canadians" in my fleet, or at least the ones at this location (I have others in other locations). I took the pictures of the ones I was debating entering- I had a decent little rig set up, so I decided to take pictures of all the bikes, may as well I figured... I'm board, single, and it's my mother F'in Birthday.

Let's start with the Fleet of '92 Rocky Mountains- I'm trying to collect them all.

Here are the ones I was considering entering next month... let me know your thoughts, or don't... I don't know what the rules are- My goal is placing tenth or better.

The 92 Glacier. mostly done I think, just looking for a rear black Holey skewer. And if I can find a Syncros Revolution crank, and black XT hubs. By the way if anyone has anything they like to donate to finish these builds... let's talk.

View attachment 844525
View attachment 844526

The 92 Team Comp- @Volvoshredder brought this bike home on a plane to my door. thanks again- I wanted to do something different from Syncros, so I went with a Ritchey build. I have a Ritchey Logic crank for this, I just need to re logo it. Apart from that, I think this build is complete. I'll answer the question in advance- the fork is the Track Two knock off from Yakota and heavy as F... but looks the part. I sold a Logic fork to @Warhorse that would have been perfect but... maybe he wants to sell it back?

View attachment 844527

View attachment 844528
View attachment 844529

The '92 Experience- I don't think this build requires anything in particular. maybe if I find some purple and blue Ringle goodies. There are lots of little details in this build that I'm semi proud of, it's one of my favourites. Even though it rides kinda like a horse lol.

View attachment 844530
View attachment 844531

Ok so those are the one I was considering for the BoTM- here's the rest of the 92's

All black Hammer- I think I'm also pretty much done with this one.

View attachment 844532

The Equipe- this one is in great shape, I'm honestly not sure what to do with this one. I added the steerhorns and tires. the rest is how I purchased it.

View attachment 844533

And last and least. The Fusion. I recovered a seat a put it on this that's my favourite part of it to be honest. this needs some work, but it keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list.

View attachment 844534

To Be Continued...
Happy birthday .

Nice collection.

That Merlin is really nice, the hot too. Out of the early Rockys I like the Team Comp with the Track Two copies all nice though :cool:

Back