Nigel Dean ‘Edge’ Vintage Racing Bike (1988)

Bonked

Retro Newbie
Hi, my nice Nigel Dean is for sale in case anyone here is interested. Here's the link to the ad in Gumtree with all the info.
sideview.jpg

Attachments

• framestickers.jpg
    framestickers.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 41
  • frontbrake.jpg
    frontbrake.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 26
  • pedalcranks+shifter.jpg
    pedalcranks+shifter.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 25
  • rearshifter.jpg
    rearshifter.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 35
It's more of an audax type bike than a full race bike, but I had one of these back then and it was one of the best riding bikes I ever owned. I tried to get another some years later when mine was crashed, but to no avail

And I did many Audax rides with it! I guess the threaded mudguard lugs make it an Audax type bike...

I loved my Edge, one of the comfiest bikes I've owned. Was a bit too small for me, otherwise I'd still have it.

I think the £70 I paid for it is closer to the mark, though.

Yes, they really are comfy. I would hate to think my Edge would be bought and stripped for it's frame but surely the frame on its own must be worth more than £70..?

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't sell a 531 frame which appears in really nice condition for £70 unless I desperately needed the space or the cash. If that's the state of the market, I'd hang onto it till another day. Anything comparable new is a few £hundreds.

FYI I'm re-posting the bike today, describing it as an Audax bicycle and dropping the price. Hopefully someone may be interested...

Latest posts

Back