Nice little Bontrager haul

Tedgey

GT Fan
Some of you may have recently see my post with my Bontrager Race that I finished not long ago.
I really enjoyed rescuing that bike and had it in the back of my mind that I'd like another Bonti at some point but due to finances I'd excepted the fact that the only one in the near future I would realistically be in a position to look for/ buy would be a Privateer.
Well on Tuesday a friend sent me the link to an ad on gumtree for a job lot of bikes which included a bontrager Race Lite a Privateer and a Privateer frame, I messaged the woman and asked if she would consider splitting and selling me the Bonti's and we came to an agreement so I spent yesterday travelling up to London to collect. 😁
They both need work to bring them up to scratch but that's fine by me and I'll sell on the extra Privateer frame.
20230914_174905.jpg 20230914_174911.jpg 20230914_174916.jpg IMG-20230914-WA0023.jpeg IMG-20230914-WA0042.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20230914-WA0042.jpg
    IMG-20230914-WA0042.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 11
Nice haul :)
Dunno what it is about Bontys but one always seems to lead to another!
Looking forward to seeing where you go with these.
One day the stars will align and I'll find a medium Race Lite for my little collection, the build kit is sat waiting.

Nice haul :)
Dunno what it is about Bontys but one always seems to lead to another!
Looking forward to seeing where you go with these.
One day the stars will align and I'll find a medium Race Lite for my little collection, the build kit is sat waiting.
I did fall in love with them after doing the Race 😂I couldn't believe my luck when this all deal came together. I think the Race lite paint is in pretty good nick so hopefully I can rescue it, the privateer will need a respray which I'll do myself , have a bike I'm half way through building at the mo then I'll get stuck into the race lite first

You probably know this already, but that racelite is an end of line model from 1998/99. It looks almost completely original apart from the tyres and saddle.

Lovely colour too, be a shame to repaint unless it was properly ruined ( but looks pretty good from the pictures).

Back