New Summit

Jaggs

Dirt Disciple
So, I have a new Raleigh Summit, to keep the Raleigh Apex, Marin Eldridge Grade an Trek Fuel Ex company. If I get another one, it may result in divorce.

It's in amazing condition, no major issues apart from the decals, frame has a great shine to it, perfect working order. Only thing it the original forks died some time ago and were replaced with more modern Suntours, and also the front canti's have been replaced with V-brakes, probably when the forks were done. I'm not keen on the forks, but looking for suggestions as to what to change them to?

Attachments

• Summit.jpg
    Summit.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 573
Nice! I remember these well.
I think the best fork for it would be the old RockShox Mag 20 (or was it RS1?) that came with it originally, or maybe a Mag 21 even. Rock Shox just looks right on these to me.

I can't find any Rs-1's which were the original spec, so Mag's may be a more realistic shout, the modern forks just don't sit right.

Well it needed some adjustment as that was the day I bought it, the stem was high for me, and the bar ends were pointing upwards. I think it was the guys bike just for getting a little bit of exercise etc, although fortunately it can been kept in a good condition all of it's life.

Once adjusted for me, it feels fine.

Attachments

• Summit.jpg
    Summit.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 498
Back