1990 Marin Eldridge Grade

Whats the frame number?

Looking at it i agree its a 90. Non cast dropouts so pre 91......and post 89 seat stays ( welded higher up).

A guy was selling a bear valley last year on Facebook with splatter green alternative colourway.

Last edited:
Whats the frame number?

Looking at it i agree its a 90. Non cast dropouts so pre 91......and post 89 seat stays ( welded higher up).

A guy was selling a bear valley last year on Facebook with splatter green alternative colourway.
Not super legible but not scratched off, paint down here is having a bad time
I can pick out 2980
IMG_2367.jpeg

Oh man it is a 1990, after more digging the only other photos I can find on that color are actually a post here from 2013, page 2 a user shows the same black and green as a 1990, comparing to the European color scheme the thread was about

Kinda wish I could change the title now so people don’t google their old Marins and find the wrong year.

Fixed it for you :)

Little update, nothing major, replaced the headset with a Tange one using cartridge bearings

The old headset was just all around rough, it keeps loosening up on me, and the races are chipped all over from I presume a decent amount of time riding loose
IMG_2426.jpeg
Just the wear on that top nut alone is bad
IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg
It’s much smoother, looks nicer, and so on

Gotta add because it’s extremely fitting for this bike

Melon bag
View attachment 841588
It holds a tube, co2 cartridge, 4/5mm Allen keys, a little tape and a tire lever

And it’s shaped like a slice of watermelon which is the most important part

Should that melon bag be fitted in the corner where the top tube meets the seat tube? Not that it matters of course, it's your bike.

Great restoration BTW!

Should that melon bag be fitted in the corner where the top tube meets the seat tube? Not that it matters of course, it's your bike.

Great restoration BTW!
It can go in either place, I kinda like it at the front better
I later changed how it sits there as the straps are adjustable position wise, so it doesn’t cover the Marin badge
IMG_3650.jpeg
And then it’s a little bit wide with a tube in there, and if I’m standing and turning sometimes I brush against it, so if it was closer to the saddle I’d be brushing it all the time

Back