New bike day! Bottaglin with Campagnolo Athena, Fir Aria wheelset

Love it. I wouldn't spray it, just touch in the paint where it's missing and leave it looking semi-obvious. It's all patina. Those wheels are lovely especially with 18/24 spokes. I've got Shamals on my Pinarello but I do worry about the 16-spoke rear wheel. Just as well I don't have much power nowadays

Love it. I wouldn't spray it, just touch in the paint where it's missing and leave it looking semi-obvious. It's all patina. Those wheels are lovely especially with 18/24 spokes. I've got Shamals on my Pinarello but I do worry about the 16-spoke rear wheel. Just as well I don't have much power nowadays
Yeah that’s my plan. The G-paint didn’t work out. Mixing your own colours is hard! I ended up wheeling the bike into a local (friendly) cosmetics place and came away with four shades of nail varnish for £4.50 all in. One is a really good match!

I’ve tried the little scratches and it’s pretty easy to get it sorted nicely. However there a larger patch (probably 15mm across) which I had a go at. The colour is good, but the finish is very lumpy. And too high at the edges where it sits on the existing paint. I was wondering about getting some sanding sticks (https://amzn.eu/d/aqKizjg) and overfilling the area, then sanding it back to the right level, and doing a final polish (or lacquer to finish)? Thoughts?

The bonus here is that my nails will be matching the frame on my next night out! 😀

Yeah that’s my plan. The G-paint didn’t work out. Mixing your own colours is hard! I ended up wheeling the bike into a local (friendly) cosmetics place and came away with four shades of nail varnish for £4.50 all in. One is a really good match!

I’ve tried the little scratches and it’s pretty easy to get it sorted nicely. However there a larger patch (probably 15mm across) which I had a go at. The colour is good, but the finish is very lumpy. And too high at the edges where it sits on the existing paint. I was wondering about getting some sanding sticks (https://amzn.eu/d/aqKizjg) and overfilling the area, then sanding it back to the right level, and doing a final polish (or lacquer to finish)? Thoughts?

The bonus here is that my nails will be matching the frame on my next night out! 😀
You wheeled it then! 👍
I'd err on the side of caution with sanding sometimes trying to perfect something you can make it worse..maybe a little and very careful t cut would help ...if you do go with a lacquer try it on a tester on something off the bike👍 ...don't forget you've been up close and personal looking at it and know exactly where it is.... Get someone else to see if they can spot it from a few foot!

Back