NEVER MIND THE BOLX - HERE'S THE WhiTe SpiDER

Yes!

I love getting to follow along with a real project from the start!

Good luck with this Adrian, can't wait to see what you do...

I'm going to get it inspected by Mr Chambers before I commit to anything but the current plan is to return it to a rear u-brake, leaving the original canti's up front.

This is the current front runner for the new paint (this earlier White Spider is right up near the top of my want list if anyone has one)

88 White Spider..jpg

The Man Dan's plan.....

"It does look like a crack at the back of the seat tube just below the reinforcement. I think I'll go with my first thought of replacing the top section of the seat tube. So cut the seat tube just below the reinforcement. Ream out the old seat tube back to the 28.6mm bore of the reinforcement and silver solder a new seat tube in place so not disturbing the original fillets. The BB end looks a bit rusted too, so I'll take it dwon lower than usual, maybe just a few inches above the fillet, but still keep the BB fillet intact"

Sounds pretty easy right 😬

The Man Dan's plan.....

"It does look like a crack at the back of the seat tube just below the reinforcement. I think I'll go with my first thought of replacing the top section of the seat tube. So cut the seat tube just below the reinforcement. Ream out the old seat tube back to the 28.6mm bore of the reinforcement and silver solder a new seat tube in place so not disturbing the original fillets. The BB end looks a bit rusted too, so I'll take it dwon lower than usual, maybe just a few inches above the fillet, but still keep the BB fillet intact"

Sounds pretty easy right 😬
Sounds like fun

Repaint, Rebuild and Ride. Next!

EDit: i see you have to fix a crack. Just do it: send the frame to a good shop and fix it.

Back