Needle Bearings

sswiss

Retro Guru
I'm trying to save an old FSA Orbit headset but the lower bearings are of the needle cage type.
Without breaking the bank, has anybody seen any any replacements, or am I better of just better off replacing the headset?

Thanks @firedfromthecircus.

Just checked them out and Yes I can get them pretty close to size I want but would mean re-using the plastic cage which is pretty rough, and for pretty much the same price as 20 roller bearings I can get a new, albeit Chinese aheadset with sealed internal bearings....#scratcheschin#

ps. it's a hack kind of build not resto!

I might have an old FSA headset you can have (FOC) - I'll take a look and see if I can find it and what condition it's in....

Would this be of any use to you?
There are no upper bearings, and I don’t know what the top cap is supposed to screw into - whatever it is isn’t present. 34F0372E-1FC4-404F-9C83-3899FE7C476F.jpeg
23FC555B-F057-4156-8939-631F8D8689DC.jpeg

The Headset is exactly the same as I have, minus the conix top cap, which I think was something to do with using without a start nut in the forks, but that's not the problem. The lower bearing roller/needle cage it's whats had it on mine and the race is pitted.
So I could probably make one good one with all the bits we have.

Back