Mystery frame fillet brazed (SOLD)

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Hi Everyone

I am having to regrettably sell this unusual frame set as it is just too big for me, 19.5" C-C 21.5" C-T

Unknown manufacture/tubing, fillet brazed, hite rite tag on the seat collar, pump peg on seat tube and stop on stay pictured, fresh paint, 26.8 seat post, 1" headtube.

I swapped this with Makster and can be seen on his thread Mystery fillet brazed frame. The forks are from Jamis, I had it stove enamelled in a lovely green metallic.

I will never get back what this owes me :facepalm:

£165 with new alloy headset, posted. SOLD

Cheers

Mark :D

Attachments

• Green machine 5.jpg
    Green machine 5.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 462
  • Green machine 4.jpg
    Green machine 4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 459
  • Green machine 3.jpg
    Green machine 3.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 453
  • Green machine 2.jpg
    Green machine 2.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 456
  • Green machine 1.jpg
    Green machine 1.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 461
Re:

Didnt know about the frame related thread,and if the guys on here are unsure,its got to be a mystery

Re:

There is definitely a lot in common with some of the early Araya Muddy Fox range. In Makster’s thread that is ruled out due to the fillet brazing - I’ve got a fillet brazed Araya Muddy Fox, pretty much everything is the same apart from the Hiterite braze on, reversed seat collar and the top tube cable guides. The cantilever bridge, pump braze ons, top of the seat stays etc are all the same. The Araya seat stays do have an “A” embossed at the top though. Lovely looking frame glws.

Back