Mystery e-stay frame - any ideas??

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
F6021AD7-46D9-4646-B2F9-A4FF84CF4676.jpeg C879AD8E-1D05-41A3-9335-499C01B55CA8.jpeg
Yet another (possibly ill advised) eBay purchase.. But what is it?
Aluminium frame with 1 1/4” head tube, seller advertised it as possibly Gary Fisher, but I’m not sure that’s right..
Anyone?

Hey, thanks for the info and the link to the previous thread. The bottom bracket threads are fine - I tried them first.
I found the top corners of the seat tube had broken off - hidden by the seat post clamp. Seller apologised and gave me a partial refund. I bought it anyway and cut the seat post down 10mm or so. I figured the frame, forks, headset and bb were worth having for less than £50..
Are we sure it’s not a Scott super evo? It would make sense with the larger head tube and the riveted on cable guides look a lot like the ones on a super America I had..?
Thanks again to all for the help.

Last edited:
It looks so close to a Scott, but @gtturbo is saying chances are it’s an unbranded far eastern frame. Wonder if they copied the Scott? Other than the cable guides it’s practically identical..

They all looked very similar from what i remember and had 1 1/4" headtubes. Mine was from Heffs bike shop but the ones I later sold had the same rear end as yours. Snapped the bb shell off mine so that was the end of that.

Back