My Unicorn (1992 Diamond Back Axis XT) ***Update Page 3***

Re: My Unicorn (1992 Diamond Back Axis XT Content)

Retro Spud":1nhbv26l said:
Jussa":1nhbv26l said:
The History Man":1nhbv26l said:
I still have the brahmas and mint grips from mine.........

The rest has gone.

Lovely bike

Cheers for the comment HM, its a keeper so if you do decide to part out your left over bits please bare us in mind :)

Jussa :D

Jussa

If THM comes to a sticky end at Mayhem I'll tell Mrs THM that
he left them to you in his Retro Bike will.

Btw
The X1 is getting another outing at Mayhem :D

Awesome about the X1, I really need to get another Mayhem under my belt, think i will aim for next year and gget myself in a team again ;) I look forward to Pics. I hope THM doesnt crash but if he does at least his parts will go to a good home :D

Re:

Hi there,
Lovely bike, I had the 92 apex in forest spangle, it was my only bike for many years and did some awesome mountain biking on it. I rattled the life out of the frame in its time with a few weld repairs needed. I have a 1992 Diamond Back Catalogue if you are interested in spec or the like. Hope you get it finished and have some pics on here.

Re:

A massive thanks to The History Man for providing me with the final piece of the jigsaw for my 1992 Diamond Back Axis XT Build, the elusive Avenir Gel Saddle really was the icing on the cake :D. It's a special build for me (See page 1) so you can imagine that after a few years of sourcing parts from all four corners of the globe it was an emotional moment to finally have it complete. I will leave the rest to the pictures to do the talking whilst I sit down and raise a glass to finally being reunited with my first proper mountain bike :) Cheers everyone who's helped along the way without this forum I would have been lost, may even never have got this far. Thankyou :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 502
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 498
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 497
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 497
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 497
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 501
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 484
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 486
Re: Re:

markdoyle75":3izt689j said:
Hi there,
Lovely bike, I had the 92 apex in forest spangle, it was my only bike for many years and did some awesome mountain biking on it. I rattled the life out of the frame in its time with a few weld repairs needed. I have a 1992 Diamond Back Catalogue if you are interested in spec or the like. Hope you get it finished and have some pics on here.

Hi buddy, new pics posted. And yes interested in the catalogue ;)

Retro Spud":phd8zd07 said:
Just re read the tread - good read and great project

Its been really great to get out on it too, brings back so many memories for me and well worth the effort to track everything down so that it could be built.

Jussa :)

Attachments

• Diamond Back Axis XT.jpg
    Diamond Back Axis XT.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 123
Back