My three Rocky's have been stolen

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine - turned out it was his sister's scumbag boyfriend (he also stole all of his CDs!)

Hope you get them back as they are stunning bikes.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Stuff like this makes my blood boil, I'll keep an eye open for you, can't go by unnoticed.

That's not good :(

Can't be that many bikes like these knocking about/on the market

I really do hope you have some joy getting them back

Neil

Thanks guys. Good to know there are some people on the watch for me.

Have been contacted by the insurance company. They are willing to pay 10% of the value of an equal bike from 2011.
Don't really know how to compare a collectors-item to a modern bike. Are there any experts out there licensed to put a value on these kind of bikes?

Cheers,
Ben

Gutted, and Will keep my yes open also.

As for assessing value, you probably best get a licensed "loss adjuster" or "beëdigd taxateur" in Dutch. I have some experience with a classic car valuation, and notably the assessment involved a list of ebay, auotrader and marktplaats searches. Quite specific searches too. You could start with the build list and work the parts prices.

Notable difference is that I got the car valued for insurance purposes prior to any event. The independent confirmation that the bikes were actually in your shed and the verification of their condition is missing. Do you have purchase records in eBay or paypal or even receipts?

And please beware that knowing your loss though helpful, does not give you any rights with the insurance. The licensed taxateur or your insurance agent should advise you on your position.

Good luck

Jupke":12d61pqq said:
Have been contacted by the insurance company. They are willing to pay 10% of the value of an equal bike from 2011.

Will also be keeping an eye out!

Is that 10% of the value :( or 10% off the value :? ?

Thanks guys. That's. Really helpfull. Will look into it next week. That's 10% of a new high end bike.

Back