My project: Unknown Y- Shape Alloy Monocoque

PHiRe

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

I have been given an old **edit: what i thought was** Team Saracen Addiction Or Rush Frame That i am building up, initially as a mode of transport to get me to work but hopefully it ignites a spark in me to ride more often.

It had been well used in its life and has a bit damage, i was going to strip the paint back to alloy then polish and lacquer but the dent and filler on the frame has put paid to that idea, so its gonna get primed and painted but I'm tore between colours, but it needs a couple of little welds first.

Ill up date as regularly as i do work.

p4pb18802850.jpg

p4pb18802850.jpg

p5pb18812591.jpg

p5pb18812580.jpg

p5pb18820111.jpg

p5pb18833559.jpg

p5pb18833552.jpg

p5pb18833549.jpg

p5pb18833540.jpg

p5pb18940075.jpg

p5pb18940076.jpg

and the dent that has been filled

if any one can identify it for me year and exact model would be great as i have very little info but been told it was a competition frame in the past and has some strange differences to the addiction and rush i have seen on the internet

**Edit: after hours of looking at pictures and browsing the net Im thinking it a Bianchi of some sort looks to be in my eyes a 2000 Bianchi next 4300/4200 check picture post further down**

Thanks
James

Re: My project: Team Saracen Rush/addiction

because of the rain i have done much searching on the internet and I'm not even sure it a Team Saracen let alone a rush or addiction, looking at the shape of the frame where the bottom bracket joins the down bar they never thicken up there mine does :shock: my head is battered:facepalm:

Re:

Think my frame is bianchi frame if shared a pic I found

Attachments

• 319922d1198101362-bianchi-mtb-frame-needs-identifying-bianch_dh.jpg
    319922d1198101362-bianchi-mtb-frame-needs-identifying-bianch_dh.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,379
Re: My project: Team Saracen Rush/addiction

Not sure its a Bianchi either, it has different seat section, gussets and shock mount, also the extrusions in the main frame are different. Some similarities though.

Still looking and i have found a 2000 bianchi catalog and this looks closest to me??? any other opinions??

2000-Bianchi-Catalogue-pp34-35.jpg

Can I bump this and see if any one else can ID this frame I'm still thinking Bianchi but I'm gonna start work on this over the next couple of weeks, i just been collecting parts and working on my drift trike project recently. Any other ideas or directions of research would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
James

Re:

I'd be looking for a Saracen or Norco. It is a catalogue frame from taiwan, so could be either of these in this country, Bianchi were not so popular here. But it could be any number of other brands, that never made it here.

Search 'saracen monocoque' or 'norco monocoque' on google. I'd play special attention to the rocker linkage, this appears to differ slightly in shape and colour on different models and brands.

Re:

Went thru loads of pictures because originally I thought Saracen rush/addiction then found very similar norco frames then noticed the area at the bottom bracket thickend up and the norcos and Saracens didn't and the bianchi is the only one that did, so I'm thinking of painting it in bianchi colours as a homage to the bianchi. But if some one can point me in the direction of the right frame, I'll may change and go down that route, thanks for your input

Im thinking Saracen. Looks like the original colour was red and I dont know if Bianchi ever made red bikes.

Back