My Marin Bear Valley 1990 Project (Finished 14/2/15 )

well looks like its time to resurrect this thread as a couple of years back i sold it, which i regreted the minute i did.
a year and a half went by and i approached the new owner to find out how bike was going?
His reply was i dont use it anymore due to my back so i offered to buy it back at same price i sold it for.
Wish i'd gone to see it first before offer as he stored it outside chained to a coal scuttle!!!!
He wasn't ther when i picked it up just his wife so handed over the original sum and let him know later how disapointed i was in it condition.
Its not quite back to square one but rust spots are back so i've stripped it down again and stopped any continuation of rust.
Are ther any way of saving decals before i start the restoration again. prob going down route of shot blast and pwder coat this time after i get a quote.

So guestimate price for sandblast and powder coating is approx £50.
would it be sacrilegious to get a Team Titanium coating instead of the Zolatone greyfor frame and gloss black forks?
XT mechs have been purchased

So guestimate price for sandblast and powder coating is approx £50.
would it be sacrilegious to get a Team Titanium coating instead of the Zolatone greyfor frame and gloss black forks?
XT mechs have been purchased
the problem is recreating the zolatone finish, I would consider some kind of powder coating that might get closer than paint.

Back