My Friend's movie is released today....please go see it!

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hey everybody,

My friend's début movie "The Pirates! In an adventure with Scientists" was released today (for those of you in America, you'll have to wait a month until the 27th of April, and a change of title "The Pirates! Band of Misfits").

I'm just making sure it's on everyone's radar, in the hope that you'll go and see it by Sunday (as ridiculous as it sounds, it really is all about the opening weekend as far as Sony are concerned).

So forget about Barbecues on the beach in this mini heatwave we're enjoying, and go support a fellow film maker's first outing on the big screen - even though preliminary work has started on the sequel, it wont get the official "green light" from Sony unless the opening weekend is good.

Thanks for all your support. I know you'll enjoy the movie in all it's 3D-ness, and your kids will probably demand you take them straight to McDonalds, to feast on "The Pirates!" happy meals (I know, it really has gone that mental).

I should say he wrote the book, not made the film.

Thanks for your eyes and ears.

:)

Trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOFLtsDvbw

:D

lumos2000":dxl60hv0 said:
cant wait! any chance of getting my hands on a signed book for my girl? ;)

Am sure i can do that.

Do you have a copy you can send me a copy and I'll see what I can do.

G

Claim to fame eh!

This site seems to be full of people that know famous people or just straight up famous people (eddie the eagle).

Film got a good review on radio today. May have to get the book.

cyfa2809":1zc8ji88 said:
Claim to fame eh!

This site seems to be full of people that know famous people or just straight up famous people (eddie the eagle).

Film got a good review on radio today. May have to get the book.

sadly (for the author) they were giving it away last sat with the guardian.

Back