My 1990's GT Karakoram from 2010 - Tequila!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Almost forgot about this, frame has changed hands many times since, and not faded!

karakoram_switchblades_2_175.jpg

I've been eyeballing this local 92 GT Karakoram. Same color scheme. The seller's asking $150 though, I'd have to probably sell one to buy one to keep the missus happy.

View attachment 727859
A nice bigger size.
Now i acquired one recently, shot some pics in the wild. Don't look at those grips, they will be replaced. Rides excellent, very good frame. I couldn't resist the color scheme.
20230509_191552.jpg
20230509_190220.jpg
20230509_183043.jpg
20230509_182928.jpg
20230509_182907.jpg 20230509_190139.jpg

Love these, they're very much 'on the list' for me. Would have to replace my Terrago though, so a bit pointless...

Hey, it’s your bike - if a riser bar improves the ride for you, then go for it. Thumbies would be period acceptable anyway (I have a set on my (prior year) Kara.

I don’t think burning in hell enters the equation until you introduce bar ends to said riser bar..

25F485E5-7DFF-4097-B38F-EA5A8F467CFB.jpeg

I hate changing original parts, but will give it a try maybe. I am completely adapted to narrow flat bars.
Like to sneak through narrow gaps🤣

Your bike is nice, i love the all red color too.
It's called Lava i guess.
Bar tapes are very nice on these GT models, it looks awesome.
Strange that it has different tubing.
For this one i cannot decide yet between red or yellow grips, i have only a few black ones in stock.

I hate changing original parts, but will give it a try maybe. I am completely adapted to narrow flat bars.
Like to sneak through narrow gaps🤣

Your bike is nice, i love the all red color too.
It's called Lava i guess.
Bar tapes are very nice on these GT models, it looks awesome.
Strange that it has different tubing.
For this one i cannot decide yet between red or yellow grips, i have only a few black ones in stock.

The official names were Inferno Red for '91 and Tequila Sunrise for '92.

I like the original bars, but if changing them might make the setup better for you it is definitely worth trying. Most my bikes end up with thumbies.

Back