Muddyfox aluminium pro

• Thread starter Deleted member 68825
  • Start date
jimwise68":3b6zl8yw said:
You did a damn good job on this.

That is 2 polishing posts that have blown me away now!

Also liking the minimal annodised red highlights as a doth of the cap to the previous colour.

Hey cheers for feedback, was a ball ache but so worth it and I think the minimal red was a subconscious decision that has worked really well ......just hating those forks atm and want some chunky Girvin

37tattoos":2a8flvlc said:
Magpiegifts":2a8flvlc said:
Good job mate
Just seen it on the other post minute ago, but with white tyres. Keep up the good work.
Muddy Fox were the beez kneez at one time, heck I bought a second hand high end downhill muddy Fox 15 years ago worth a lotta money. Not seen another of that quality again.

Hey buddy, you still haven’t got this mythical beast by any chance as someone recently showed me a pick of a fox full sus that I e never seen before and I believe it lives down here in Kernow
Nah long gone... It was white frame. Really expensive and bit out of place being a m.fox

Magpiegifts":33nc045q said:
37tattoos":33nc045q said:
Magpiegifts":33nc045q said:
Good job mate
Just seen it on the other post minute ago, but with white tyres. Keep up the good work.
Muddy Fox were the beez kneez at one time, heck I bought a second hand high end downhill muddy Fox 15 years ago worth a lotta money. Not seen another of that quality again.

Hey buddy, you still haven’t got this mythical beast by any chance as someone recently showed me a pick of a fox full sus that I e never seen before and I believe it lives down here in Kernow
Nah long gone... It was white frame. Really expensive and bit out of place being a m.fox

I may know where it is and will up date a photo soon

Re: Re:

37tattoos":29g5lzvd said:
So I polished the cro mo forks, the existing seat post, the original cut down bars and stem. Put some stx v brakes on, exage front and rear mechs along with existing stem that all received a polish.

At this point really hated the tyres, set no grips .....being a bit of peacock and working in design [ tattoo studio ] I looked at options ....white ONZA tyres nos......how f##king much ...seriously????? Kenda tyres followed, a amazon special seat that would look as near to zebra pattern as a blind man would think ...non-white grips ....oh red shiny bits ...so brake bolts, retro quick release’s. in red ....hang on don’t even like red ...but looks good in small doses ...followed by first mock up

That looks really nice, well done.

Re:

I know that you mean about brand snobbery. Looking at the bare metal frame, it has so many cool features - box-section wishbone stays, flattered tubes or gussets at the joints, neat welds. If it came from a boutique American frame builder, we all would have drooled over it as teenagers. But stick the words 'Muddy Fox' on the downtube and it's an instant turn-off. Daft.

It looks like a really good bike you've got there, and well done with all that polishing, too. It looks fantastic!

Antwack":11z6boi3 said:
37tattoos":11z6boi3 said:
So I polished the cro mo forks, the existing seat post, the original cut down bars and stem. Put some stx v brakes on, exage front and rear mechs along with existing stem that all received a polish.

At this point really hated the tyres, set no grips .....being a bit of peacock and working in design [ tattoo studio ] I looked at options ....white ONZA tyres nos......how f##king much ...seriously????? Kenda tyres followed, a amazon special seat that would look as near to zebra pattern as a blind man would think ...non-white grips ....oh red shiny bits ...so brake bolts, retro quick release’s. in red ....hang on don’t even like red ...but looks good in small doses ...followed by first mock up

That looks really nice, well done.

Cheers Ant, I think it looks better than the Alpinestars I put together. Think I need to period upgrade this one more as it’s a keeper now.

jazzibizznizz":2qmymcif said:
I know that you mean about brand snobbery. Looking at the bare metal frame, it has so many cool features - box-section wishbone stays, flattered tubes or gussets at the joints, neat welds. If it came from a boutique American frame builder, we all would have drooled over it as teenagers. But stick the words 'Muddy Fox' on the downtube and it's an instant turn-off. Daft.

It looks like a really good bike you've got there, and well done with all that polishing, too. It looks fantastic!

Cheers jazzibizznizz.......I’ve a funny feeling that the likes of muddyfox, British eagle and Claud butler will have their days as being desirable oh and along with Raleigh ....as after all there the reason why the majority of us got into mountain biking in the first place.

I’ve decided this is gonna be a keeper as imo it just looks so right from every point. So I’m going to start upgrading it, xt mechs, and brake levers, Mavic rims ....damn I’ve even started weighing components fs. Also it needs a bit more red ....did consider red jag wire cables so they would look like veins running along the frame but last minute gone white. Will post update pick next couple of days ...

Now decisions .......what to do about the forks....keep the polished cro no forks ? They have started to tarnish a bit but like the understated look. Straight forks ? Or in my head I see Girvin ....hmmmmm ides anyone ??

Well, been busy yet again. Replaced the crankset with an SLX one that has been treated to the dremel. I’ve also added some Mavic rims that were floating round the garage. I quick going over with a Brillo pad and as good as new. However I have come across a lil problem or 2 which someone may be able to advice on.

1. The red crank bolts appear to be a couple of mil short of the standard Shimano ones...anybody know where I can get red ones a bit longer and a link ?

2. The latest addition Girvin forks appear to be seized......no movement at all in them. I’ve not had any experience with these before however I did notice there maybe a few bushes missing. I’m just waiting on some new bushes I’m having made ...50 of them, so if anybody requires any ..just hola.

I really need a nice stem, 130mm minimum to 150 max in polished finished...5 degree rise . Either threadless 1 inch or will shim out to a 1 1/8

Cheers and hope you like the update pics

Attachments

• C675619F-F47A-426D-AAF0-15E26F8C2659.jpeg
    C675619F-F47A-426D-AAF0-15E26F8C2659.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 2F8400AB-2C45-47FA-939E-82B5A756F4B1.jpeg
    2F8400AB-2C45-47FA-939E-82B5A756F4B1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • F652A9BD-2697-41EE-9414-A978BF8F9A12.jpeg
    F652A9BD-2697-41EE-9414-A978BF8F9A12.jpeg
    790.7 KB · Views: 18
My Pro-Flex has almost no movement in the forks and also has a coil fitted where originally they would have had elastomers.

Attachments

• IMG-0491.jpg
    IMG-0491.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back