Muddy Fox Sorcerer Mega

reanimation":10anpwgm said:
Jeez! Good luck with the next sale!
These are great quality bikes full of period charm and features. Will be dragging mine out for a rebuild after being ignored for a decade!

It was your original build thread that reminded me of this year and inspired me to get one myself. It was the second retro I got after joining here (the first being a Seeker Mega which never the same appeal as the paint on this was so much nicer) and it has stayed with me 10 years nearly (although it did spend 5 of those years in bits in the loft), it would be sad to see it broken up by a flipper. Like you say the wishbone stays and outer cuboid butted tubing are great period features and unique to this brand and year.

Ah I didn't realise that! :cool: The Sorcerer Mega was my first project right after joining here! I was actually looking for a 1990 Seeker, this is better I reckon, I bought it (frameset) from a lad in Belgium! I Put a load of bits on it to satisfy many retro itches, and getting closer to factory with the next build! A mate had a frame back in the 90s and loved the paint and tubing features. Would be a massive shame to be split up by a flipper. Someone here should defo buy it! I'll have spent double this on mine. :cool:

drcarlos":8pmfu3gd said:
reanimation":8pmfu3gd said:
These are great quality bikes full of period charm and features. Will be dragging mine out for a rebuild after being ignored for a decade!

It was your original build thread that reminded me of this year and inspired me to get one myself. It was the second retro I got after joining here (the first being a Seeker Mega which never the same appeal as the paint on this was so much nicer) and it has stayed with me 10 years nearly (although it did spend 5 of those years in bits in the loft), it would be sad to see it broken up by a flipper. Like you say the wishbone stays and outer cuboid butted tubing are great period features and unique to this brand and year.

reanimation":3kt7oap6 said:
Ah I didn't realise that! :cool: The Sorcerer Mega was my first project right after joining here! I was actually looking for a 1990 Seeker, this is better I reckon, I bought it (frameset) from a lad in Belgium! I Put a load of bits on it to satisfy many retro itches, and getting closer to factory with the next build! A mate had a frame back in the 90s and loved the paint and tubing features. Would be a massive shame to be split up by a flipper. Someone here should defo buy it! I'll have spent double this on mine. :cool:

drcarlos":3kt7oap6 said:
reanimation":3kt7oap6 said:

I had a 1990 Prestige Comp at one point (rode it coast to coast) and loved it, the 1989 and 1990 years were the best MF ranges but the 1989 and 1991 bikes ride the best generally until you get to the high end models where the 1990's compete.

My Raleigh though was a want back in 89 when they were new (and I was supposed to get one then) and the lightweight unit still carried some kudos so of all the aquisitions over the years it's the one I can't part with, as much as I like Muddyfox they'll always lose out that bike (especially as it's more versatile too with rack braze on's). Even the Raleigh though is living in the loft at the moment and only comes out infrequently even though i'm riding more now that ever.

mk one":30c6fkub said:
drcarlos":30c6fkub said:
Thanks for the compliments. Thinning down to what I actually ride (we are over run with bikes now as the kids are all on full size too) and it was a choice between this and my Raleigh team, the Raleigh is a better road rider and tourer as it has rack mounts so this had to go.
It did get the 1 bid from who I suspect was a flipper, they turned up last night having not read the auction and expected to be able to pay via paypal, obviously that wasn't happening (we've all seen the threads here where they return home and a week later claim that they never received it with paypal then refunding them, leaving the seller totally stitched up) so they went away to what I assumed was a cashpoint.
I was then suprised to get a ranty text claiming I was a fraudulent seller and they would not be paying cash. This all from a buyer with a fairly new account and low feedback, where mine is over 10 years old and having over 1000 in feedback.
So it's now back up again.

Yep, definatly a scammer, you did the right thing, you are not covered for collections. Usually you would have recieved a text 5mins after you handed the bike over from the buyer to say they are nearly there to collect.

Yeah, definitely think I dodged a bullet there. The text was odd really as i don't see how I could be a fraudster. If buyer is stood there, inspects merch, happy with merch and decides to buy, hands over cash and leaves with merch. No fraud can happen. What am I going to do mug him at my own house for £150? That would be beyond idiotic. So either they are an imbecile or they were a scammer.

Back