Muddy Fox Monarch Sport - 1996??

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Really love this but it's too big for me, thought of making it into a tourer then it wouldn't matter, but no mudguard or rack eyes....

So what's it worth, anything at all? Nice, fairly light, wish bone stayed cromo frame. 17" c to c, 19" c to top.

Attachments

• Muddy fox and bits 016.JPG
    Muddy fox and bits 016.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 551
  • Muddy fox and bits 015.JPG
    Muddy fox and bits 015.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 547
  • Muddy fox and bits 014.JPG
    Muddy fox and bits 014.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 548
  • Muddy fox and bits 013.JPG
    Muddy fox and bits 013.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 551
Really love this but it's too big for me, thought of making it into a tourer then it wouldn't matter, but no mudguard or rack eyes....

So what's it worth, anything at all? Nice, fairly light, wish bone stayed cromo frame. 17" c to c, 19" c to top.
Hi, did you find out what it was worth? I'm possibly getting the whole bike for free and it looks like it's possibly all original. Can't find anything on ebay and this is pretty much the only post that came up on Google lol
Thanks.

I have a 93 Monarch Pro and it looks identical to this, except the noodle is on the opposite side, mine is the Tange ultimate ultralight prestige, it's very light, feels almost impossibly light for a steel frame.

It cost me £85 with the fork and it's going to be my main bike once it's finished. A really beautiful frame from these masters at a time when the wheels were already coming off, I read somewhere that it was based on a design by one of the original Muddy Fox team that was realized after the company went down, it's their swan song.

Many people will instantly dismiss these bikes as not being real Muddy Fox's because they came out during the tragic aftermath of the fall, but if you forget about all of that and just take the frame on its own merits, then it's just about as good as anything that came out at that time, the pedigree was still very much in evidence. These are not Mike Ashley BSO's, they are the posthumous echoed expressions of true genius.

Last edited:
Back