muddy fox courier circa 1988 sold

Re: courier

hurin76 said:
if i didn't have 14 bikes i would probably put a brooks and some slicks on it and keep it as a retro city ride..it practically has the geometry of a town bike in 21 inches..

This is what I've done with mine, made it SS, put a turbo on it and some 23 mm tyres, it's a beast!

Don't worry purists, I've still got all the bits in a bag

Re: courier

TW85":3g0lwazs said:
hurin76":3g0lwazs said:
if i didn't have 14 bikes i would probably put a brooks and some slicks on it and keep it as a retro city ride..it practically has the geometry of a town bike in 21 inches..

This is what I've done with mine, made it SS, put a turbo on it and some 23 mm tyres, it's a beast!

Don't worry purists, I've still got all the bits in a bag

after seeing all the 'special' guys up in east london with their single speeds and the comedy handlebars the size of a door handle, i will never go single speed!!...but i may keep it as a town ride.. ;)

muddy fox courier

hi

Could you let me know what the top tube measurement is?

im looking for something a bit like that but fear it may be a little small for me

thanks

top tube

the top tube is 21 inches centre axis of head tube to axis of seat tube

or 20 inches top edge to top edge..

how tall are you this is a pretty large frame..

hi hurin; thanks for getting back to me.

i'm afraid i it will probably be a little on the small side; i'm only 6-1 but with a long body and arms so need a fairly long top tube.

21" is a bit short for me; my current 18" hardrock is roughly that length and i've been reliably informed that its far too small for me

Hurin could you do me a favour and tell me the measurement of your seatpost? I need a new one and the one I've got has no size written... only thing I know its less than 27.2 and more than 24.8

thanks

I think it is a 26.2 mm for that model. I have an identical but utterly wrecked 17" version that I've had since 1991. It was my first proper bike and took me ages to pay it off (my parents gave me a loan) but I was young and stupid and didn't know the meaning of maintainance. :(

SP

thanks, do you reckon a 26.0 would fit in there and be alright? it would give me more options, thats all

Umm, no. I tried a 26.0 and couldn't get the seat binder done up tight enough to hold the post. AW cycles have a good stock of old-size posts, though these aren't on thier website, so you;ll have to phone the shop direct. If memory serves they're about £13.

SP

Sorry for hijacking the post :oops:

Back