More paypal woes.

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Last month I received an item that was extensively damaged due to really shoddy packaging.The damage rendered the item worthless so I contacted the seller with pics of the damage and he agreed refund and to post the item back.I did this on the same day and waited.After a few weeks I had no refund and the seller claims not to have received the item.Although I have a receipt of postage I didnt get the item tracked as it was international post(very expensive) and for a totally broken worthless item I thought it was a unnecessary expense.Bigger fool me.I opened a paypal dispute and the seller wont refund unless he sees tracking details.I sent pics and messages of the damage on the day I received it which clearly shows the damage and the poor packaging.On returning it,I have proof of UK parcel post on that day.Paypal have said they will refund when tracking details are provided.Have I any chance of a refund?

I think the simple answer is no.

Look at it from the seller's point of view - he won't send a refund for something he hasn't received back in return, even if it is damaged and no longer any use to anyone. He possibly has little or no way of knowing if the photos you sent of the broken item were actually the one he sent you (maybe he does, I don't know what item it is or how distinguishable it may be from others like it). So he (or anyone else in his same situation) might well think they're being scammed...

I'm not saying that's what is happening of course, just how it might look to him. And unfortunately, to paypal... so unless you have tracking, I think there's not a lot you can do

Unfortunately, like above, no.

Its not so much tracking, its proof of delivery, or attempted delivery. So unless you had the item sent needing a signature then pp has no proof it arrived back and will not refund.

Re:

Thanks lads,I kinda figured that :( .There are distinguishing marks that show it is without doubt the same item.What gets me is the packaging.It was simply a plastic bag sellotaped around the item,anyone with good conscience wouldn't have done that.Im in no doubt the seller has received the item and has seen no signature/tracking on it.I`ll just move on,lesson learned.

If the item has gone missing in the post and you have proof of posting you might be able to claim up to around £20 from Royal Mail. Perhaps better than nothing?

Personly I would wonder if the seller got it back and just doesn't want to stump up the dosh.
Unless you can track it back to them your relying on goodwill.
Unless they will pay you before you have posted it back, the best approach seems to be to open
a dispute, then ebay will give you a postage label to send it back.

Sorry to hear about that , I hope it wasnt too expensive.

I only use 2nd class recorded delivery. Of the 2 times I didnt(years ago) both parcels went missing. Prob sent 7-800 parcels in the last 10 years. UK cost is £4.10

Abroad the service is Royal Mail International signed for. Im pretty sure that Ebay/paypal refund that return postal cost too :? Im also thinking theres an internal return option, where you print out a self addressed label

Back