More paypal woes pt2

66 triumph daytona

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A month back I opened a claim that I havent received an item.The seller provided tracking details and it showed that the item was signed for (but by an entirely different person),it was blatant as they signed in block capitals,and it didnt show any address details.I though that it would be straightforward-the item was signed for by someone else,but no,paypal have said that the evidence of someone signing is enough to deny my case!?This is puzzling,how can an item signed by a complete stranger with an entirely different name be classed as proof of delivery to a person?Anyone ever encounter this?I immediately contacted them asking to clarify how they have proof that the item was delivered to me.

Re:

Alot of delivery services aren't even taking signatures now due to Covid or are having them signed for by the courier. Might be worth checking the delivery services site to see what there policy on signatures is currently.

Re: Re:

MR OX":g4kmnc5i said:
Alot of delivery services aren't even taking signatures now due to Covid or are having them signed for by the courier. Might be worth checking the delivery services site to see what there policy on signatures is currently.
I was thinking that too but what gets me is that every tracking info I have seen has the recipients address when its delivered and it also shows a signature.My item couldve been anywhere,I contacted the courier who were behind the delivery and they dont have a driver with that name.

Re:

I suppose the next thing to do would be to check the tracking number was actually for your address. I purchased a tin opener a few months back & the Ebay seller was a scammer using tracking numbers for other parcels, they tracked as arrived & were signed for but when I checked the details it wasn't my address.

Unfortunately a signature is all that is required for proof of delivery, regardless of who signs it, its the same with Paypal. Great when sending, stops scammers, not so great when receiving.

The only thing you can do, and time is key, is to contact the delivery company and hopefully they will remember. As you have already done that your options are pretty much nil im sorry to say. You cant win through PP for the same reason, they will look at the proof of delivery, which they have, and close the case. You could try cash back from the bank but they may have the same policy, im not sure on that one. The other option is to knock on a few neighbors door and try to see if it was delivered to any of them by mistake.

mk one":310w28lv said:
Unfortunately a signature is all that is required for proof of delivery, regardless of who signs it, its the same with Paypal. Great when sending, stops scammers, not so great when receiving.

The only thing you can do, and time is key, is to contact the delivery company and hopefully they will remember. As you have already done that your options are pretty much nil im sorry to say. You cant win through PP for the same reason, they will look at the proof of delivery, which they have, and close the case. You could try cash back from the bank but they may have the same policy, im not sure on that one. The other option is to knock on a few neighbors door and try to see if it was delivered to any of them by mistake.
I live in the sticks and would know a lot of the neighbours.The name that signed is very unusual and definitely not local.Im £70 down.Looks like I just have to suck it up.To be honest I had a similar problem not long ago.Ebay is 100% out for me for private sellers now.I simply have no confidence in it anymore,just too much risk.

Re:

I had a similar problem. Signed for so as far as they are concerned, delivered. Eventually found the package, it had been delivered 30 doors away, number 3, not 33.

Dpd take a picture of the door now signatures are a covid risk. Others just seem to leave it anywhere and everywhere, sometimes without even a card so it is down to whether a neighbour brings it round or you find it in a hedge, bin, under a car etc.

You could get the seller to make a claim via the courier. I don't think you can as you are not their customer.

If they won't help, leave negative feedback. Its all you can do unless your bank can help.

Good luck.

I've been hit similar as above.
Common scam for goods sent from China is they send a Nintendo ds stylus recorded delivery, u sign for it,and bang theres proof of delivery. Jokers. Ebay and PayPal are crooks . They nearly always favour the buyer nowadays...

Magpiegifts":182vi2lf said:
I've been hit similar as above.
Common scam for goods sent from China is they send a Nintendo ds stylus recorded delivery, u sign for it,and bang theres proof of delivery. Jokers. Ebay and PayPal are crooks . They nearly always favour the buyer nowadays...

Odd as never had a problem with Aliexpress and if anything is wrong even after signed for, they pretty much pay up no hassle or send another out.
So much so, you could easily scam them out of more items.

As for this delivery, pretty much every courier now will have GNS/GPSS logged for delivery.
The delivery firm (who is it) should be able to know where or where abouts it was made.
kick up a stink and keep at it.

Back