More bent crap only £50...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I am confused by 2 things.
1. Where is this seller getting these kefucked frames from?
2. What is the person who buys one of these peices of kefucked shit from the seller going to do with it? It's scrap metal, only value is weighed in, not like you can pull the lugs and add new tubing or anything.

My guess is they have a deal, or know someone, at an insurance company. My son's friend had a literally brand new S-Works Aethos (not cheap) and the frame was snapped by an airline. Insurance paid out and a few weeks later his broken frame was on eBay.

You buy the bent frame for £X, then buy and return the real bike keeping the receipt or get a shady receipt for the value of an undamaged bike.

You build the bike up with correct but worn / damaged parts.

You now have a damaged bike that cost you a few hundred and receipts for a few thousand.

As long as the frame wasn't "marked/ ID'ed" 1 insurance claim later you are up.

Insurance claim bikes should be destroyed as they just add to a problem which pushes the cover prices upwards.

Back