Wanted Modern carbon rigid fork for 26" disc wheel, & more...

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm planning a road conversion for 26er frame and I'll need a carbon rigid fork, 1&1/8" straight steerer, for 26" wheel, with a disc mount. I used to have the ideal fork which was a Trigon full carbon MC01 (same design as the Ritchey one) but I sold it last year thinking I wasn't going to need it again! 😞

Also tentatively looking for a few other parts to complete the build:

27.2 lightweight seatpost (setback), carbon ideally
A nice 31.8 seatclamp (bolt type, not QR, red or black)
a 1 & 1/8" headset (standard type, not integrated) - a red one might be nice!

Last edited:

They do a 42.5, a 44.5 or a 46.5 length fork. If your going for a road conversation the 42.5 will probably work best, but typically road bike forks are shorter still at 39.5 (ish).

Depends what forks are on the bike at the moment as well as you probably don't want it "nose-diving" if you put a fork which is wayyy too short!

Joe

Still looking! The frame I'm using is designed for about 100mm suspension fork, so ideally I guess I'd be looking for around 44.5 a to c.

Yes, I'm still keeping an eye out for a seatclamp that takes my fancy. I've got a stop-gap fork, but I definitely want something to find lighter in the longer term.

Last edited:
Forgot to reply to this, but the steerer will need to be 21cm absolute minimum, and preferably 22cm or more.

Back