Modern 700c Disc & rim brake Tubular Wheelset

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A lovely pair of modern handbuilt 700c tubular wheels. They are Novatec Disc D711SB/D712SB hubs in anodised red (Shimano fit freehub), on Velocity Major Tom Tubular rims with stainless spokes. They have a pair of Vittoria Cross Evo XM 34mm 320TPI Aramid Tubular tyres fitted. They are both for QR axles (not thru axles), standard 100mm front and 135mm rear. Lovely lightweight wheels that can be used either with 6-bolt disc rotors or with rim brakes. The wheel weights including the fitted tyres are 1190g front and 1388g rear, as pictured.

These wheels came on a bike I recently bought that was in fantastic condition, as are the wheels too. I would gladly keep them only I'm hopeless with tubulars and I only use clinchers, with tubes. The wheels run true and spin smoothly. The seller of the bike reported that a new freehub was fitted just before sale, and indeed it looks immaculate with no 'bite' marks. A nice crisp click, but not the annoyingly loud kind. The seller also mentioned that although the tubular tyres have been used very little, he would recommend regluing them since they have been installed for a couple of years. The rim brake surfaces appear to be completely unused.

The price is Now reduced to £100 collected, from near Winchester, Hampshire, though I have a box, so postage is also available, at cost.

Specialized Axis Sport 1.0 deep section rims, Specialized Espoir Sport slicks (700x30mm, 60TPI, double BlackBelt protection and Reflective sidewalls), Just £60 collected - THIS PAIR NOW SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_0859 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0859 (Custom).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_0854 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0854 (Custom).JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_0857 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0857 (Custom).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_0858 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0858 (Custom).JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_0853 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0853 (Custom).JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,595
Re: Modern Handbuilt CX / Gravel Tubular Disc Wheelset

Starting to get complaints about these wheels getting in the way at home - so reduced!

Re: Modern Handbuilt CX / Gravel Tubular Disc Wheelset £100

Final reduction to a round £100! Postage available at cost.

Re:

If I buy the Planet X this weekend that I don’t really need but do want. These would look superbe and be better than the Gippiemme ones on it.
They would need posting and I would need them before Sunday 3rd. Then I could race them.

jm's Planet X purchase didn't work out, so the wheels are still available!

Just out of interest, is the freehub shimano or campag. 11 speed ?

I do still ride cross on tubs with QR 6 bolt discs.

Should be riding tomorrow but just moved into Tier 3.

Shimano freehub, I believe it's 11-speed but I'll get out to the garage and have a look to see it's marked on there or whether I can measure it accurately enough to confirm!

Back