MKS Sylvan Pedals

Left hand pedal has developed some noticeable play, it moves a tiny bit if pulled on and you can sometimes feel it when pedalling.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Left hand pedal has developed some noticeable play, it moves a tiny bit if pulled on and you can sometimes feel it when pedalling.

Any advice on how to fix this?
A bit of pedal servicing required. Take off the dut cap, loosen the lock nut and washer inside and push the cone underneath round with a small screw driver until the play is taken up. Then retighten the lock nut. You often have to do a this a few times until it is just right as tightening the lock nut usually makes it over tight. Hours of endless fun adjusting pedals ! Put in a bit more grease while you are there.

I can confirm they are excellent pedals, I bought the Sylvan Touring ones for my Peugeot back in 2016, mine bedded in after so many miles and had quite a spin on them.
I'm planning on getting some more for my current ride to replace the wellgos I'm running atm. I can't decide wether to get the stream version or touring ones. The latter seem to be easier to get hold of atm.

The only true test of a well-adjusted pedal is when, while washing your bike, you aim the hose jet at the top of the pedal cage/rubber bit, and see how she spins. In almost 40 years, the OE ones on my Raleigh Grifter have never been beaten ... (despite many hours of fettling as Apple Tree descibes).

Latest posts

Back