MKM CYCLES of Harrogate archive Jersey's + updated site!

AT00

Dirt Disciple
Hello All,

This has also been posted in Road General but thought it may get a wider viewing in Road for Sale - moderators be kind :D

--
I'm Andrew (nice to meet you!). Myself and another retrobiker David Stone took ownership of the MKM marque website last year (http://www.mkm-cycles.co.uk). Some of you will know Robin well and he has passed it onto us in good faith (we are local lads) to keep updating it and answering the emails.

It's taken a while but we're nearly there. I've recently added LOTS of new photos to the gallery and spruced up the History section, as well as adding over 50 new frames to the register which is fantastic. We have a huge archive of imagery, letters, catalogues etc so working through it all and selecting the good stuff is taking some time. Please visit the site, and if you have an unregistered frame, or have a story about MKM we would LOVE to hear about it (and see pictures!).

Along with the website, one thing we've wanted to do for sometime is work on a jersey. Another member of team MKM Lesley has taken the reigns with this and we've had some designs knocked up by Bob at Vulture.

We based the designs on some archive photography we have access to which you can see on the site. We've boiled it down the two options - Superfine 5oz Merino Wool in vintage style or a Modern Airtex Fabric + cut:

JerseysFinal.png

As you can see their is a clear price difference and anyone who's bought vintage replica jerseys will know that they often end up at the higher end of the scale as we're always talking small runs.

This post will hopefully kill a few birds with one stone:

• 1) 'Re-introduce' the website and ourselves to drum up some traffic again and hopefully spur on some more submissions

2) Introduce the new MKM Cycles Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MKM-Cycles-of- ... 302987523/ - please follow us and comment - I've just upload 2 of our collection to the page!

3) Scope out interest in an MKM Jersey - I'd really love some feedback on all aspects of this. Would be good to know which one people prefer generally. If enough people are interested both could end up getting made, we just need to hit minimums for each

We are not in this to make any profit so these are the direct prices from the manufacturer. This is just a hobby as we want to keep the MKM name alive.

If anyone is interested in the Jerseys it would like to speak to us please email us on info@mkm-cycles.co.uk

PLEASE discuss on retrobike too :D

Many thanks,

Andrew

MKM CYCLES OF HARROGATE FACEBOOK PAGE

MKM CYCLES OF HARROGATE WEBSITE

Back