Middleburn granny, Manitou Elastomers & 1-1/4" Die

alan_db

Dirt Disciple
Looking for a Middleburn 22t 5 bolt granny ring in black to suit CD spider.

In the off-chance anyone has a set of Manitou 4 elastomers sitting around I'd have them too. Will give it a week or so and if no joy will order a set from US.

Also looking for a loan of an 1-1/4" thread die. Have a 1-1/4" steerer tube on Manitou 4's but once I cut steerer down to required length I'll need to extend the thread a little as its not long enough. A few beer tokens waiting if anyone has one lying around.

Thanks

Alan...

I Can't remember the name of it, but there is a thread on here where someone has helpfully directed us to a UK site that has old stock of fork parts, including elastomers for manitou forks. They may not be the later ones, but long tubes of elastomer ripe for cutting to shape and at aroudn £10 for an entire fork. Got to be worth a punt. If I could remember the thread, I'd link to it - sorry.

1 1/4 Die

Alan

I'm in the similar boat as you and my local bike shop can't help (they have inch and Inch 1/:cool: :cry:

My need is such that my build will grind to halt if I can't thread my steerer..........and I'd rather stuff wasps up my arse than use an “aheadset” set up. :shock:
After looking on line I’ve managed to locate a die which will fit the 50mm tool that my LBS has and I’m going for it (at £81 I just hope the Mrs never finds out) will keep you posted as to the outcome.
Thankfully they build frames and have the skill to thread a steerer correctly

http://www.framebuilding.com/best%20quality.htm

keep yah posted

they didn't have the £15 tools but they did have the high speed steel versions at £45, i bought one, i'm going into work tomorrow to get it done as my old shop didn't have a die stock big enough to fit the die.

i was thinking i'd offer a service to cut threads on 1 1/4 steerers to help cover the costs of buying the tool, but i'll see how the first cut goes on mine first.

I've got a NOS ring you can have...£12 posted. :D

IMG_0119.jpg

All the best,

Back