Mid 90's Deore XT Parallax Wheelset **Sold**

Kell

Retro Guru
Bought on this site around 4 years ago for a build I never completed.

They feel smooth to me, but I've never used them.

Given them a brief clean, but they would benefit from a proper degrease in all the little crevices.

Mid 90s Shimano Deore XT Parallax wheel set.

Hand built by Jeremy Duke.

Front hub. M737. Laced to Mavic 231.

Rear hub M738. Laced to Mavic 231.

Front wheel has purple nipples all around. Rear has alternating purple and silver.

I’ve now sold the bike these were going on, so are surplus to requirements.

£60 plus postage.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Also listed on eBay - I've listed the postage there as £19.99 which is less than the £26 Royal Mail want to deliver them, if I can get the postage cheaper, then I will.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124347961419 ... 1555.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Mid 90's Deore XT Parallax Wheelset with MAvic 231 rims £60

Kell":2nk6gtq9 said:
Bought on this site around 4 years ago for a build I never completed.

They feel smooth to me, but I've never used them.

Given them a brief clean, but they would benefit from a proper degrease in all the little crevices.

Mid 90s Shimano Deore XT Parallax wheel set.

Hand built by Jeremy Duke.

Front hub. M737. Laced to Mavic 231.

Myhermes usually delivery for half of that price! R.M. Su Such a huge top off and unreliable too.

Rear hub M738. Laced to Mavic 231.

Front wheel has purple nipples all around. Rear has alternating purple and silver.

I’ve now sold the bike these were going on, so are surplus to requirements.

£60 plus postage.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Also listed on eBay - I've listed the postage there as £19.99 which is less than the £26 Royal Mail want to deliver them, if I can get the postage cheaper, then I will.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124347961419 ... 1555.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was there a reason you've just quoted the entire post?

Some reason the text didn't get included...

Sorry, was simply saying that there's good few others delivering for half the quoted price of £19.99.

I've just checked on Myhermes - and the box is too big. they have the stupidest way of measuring parcels.

Add the two smallest sides together and multiply by two. Then add the longest side and it has to total less than 245. The box is 62x61x40.

I got caught out last time posting the bike. the box was 120cm long which looked like it fit their guidelines - other than the stupid rule about how they measure volume. WHich is also not part of the booking a courier process.

Right PITA - especially as they also took the money twice.

DHL is £17.38

DPD is £17.09

Just looking via Parcel2go and the same service I looked at on the RM website is half the price - looks to be around £13...

Re:

I've sent wheels via my local post office and it tends to be around the £15 mark.
But, prices fluctuate so under £20 with any carrier seems fair to me.

Back