Merlin Titanium, with a twist

:cool: very nice, very clean looking.

I think a pair of RC31's in all black would really suit the build, and personally i feel the look of the bars rise is spot on, but if its being ridden then looks aren't everything :)

This thread seemed to stop. But this is not the finish. I rode the bike once, and this confirmed I needed to pull the front up a little. I had shorter 90mm stem in the stash, so that went on.

OgORq3C.png

Now I know I need some rigid forks, perhaps some RC31, perhaps I can make something myself. I have a hand injury at the moment and am recovering from surgery, so nothing but searching at the rn.

There’s so much I like about this build - refinishing the saddle and all the other puzzles worked out. Hats off to you sir - The race face parts totally work too.

Ok, thanks to a pair of perfect gentleman on here, I was able to assemble a set of RC31 forks onto this.

The forks as they arrived:-

pnTjSUwl.jpg

A quick once over with some paint stripper saw the black paint removed. I could then prepare them for a rattle can paint finish.

Xawu6dUl.jpg

aXCoxafl.jpg

Vm0Rtst.jpg

3OdjeFg.jpg

The brake posts also came from here, and just needed a quick polish and tumble to bring them back.

FgLPK9V.jpg

And fitted.

Dz8oQGbl.jpg

TDPzOmel.jpg

aKUXAsMl.jpg

I like that these are the early radiator crown forks, they compliment the age of the rest of the bike better. I'm still on the fence regarding the brake being fitted to the back of the fork on these. I might try it to see if there is an improvement in performance, as I think I prefer the look of them on the front on these. Weight its now a respectable sub 21lb, ready to ride. And ride it I will, gently.

q81Ag1il.jpg

Back