Merlin suspension elevator

Re:

I’ll be collecting this in a couple of weeks time. Can any of you tell me what elastomer I need for it.

Attachments

• 4437B9BF-6CCC-4AA5-98F3-F032DB3AF409.jpeg
    4437B9BF-6CCC-4AA5-98F3-F032DB3AF409.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 525
Re:

Ah, so you were the high bidder on eBay. ;-). Congrats on the bike. For the rear elastomer, you might have some luck getting in touch with one of the skateboard or roller skate vendors that supply the truck assemblies. They typically use urethane in those. Another vendor that supplies a custom version of urethane and has a broad catalog of applications is Sorbothane. Good luck with your build.

Re:

On this bike, it takes a rocker for the brakes function.
The original had been lost. It does not matter, I found a drawing and a photo. But the original is poorly centered and the cable is fixed. I preferred to redo it centered, respecting the arms of levers and with a cable bearing as on the Pace rocker.
@mojo ti I love what you have done for the rocker! I just picked up a rescue (pix forthcoming) and am missing the original rocker as well...is there any chance you might still have the information you can share on who made yours and/or how I might go about having one made for myself? I was going to pull that image you referenced in the 93 catalog and contact a frame builder to see if they could replicate it for me, but your design is so elegant, I would be honored to have it on my build...

Back