Sold McMahon Titanium Seat post

gibbon_rider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
McMahon Titanium seat post. 25.4mm, but can obviously be shimmed up to whatever size you need. 270mm to bottom of seat clamp, 316mm to top of the seat clamp. Logo is battered, so I've got had some replacements made up by Gil. I decided in the end to give the buyer the option to keep the original logo or replace them with the repros, so will include the decals and instructions if you'd like to use them. Rest of the post is in pretty good condition, I've taken close ups of the insertion marks, but I think all would polish out. Top of the clamp is only OK condition, but of course, you wouldn't see it when used. Please see the photos for close ups. Only seen one for sale before (this one!) so pricing it is a little tricky. Shall we say £120 posted

See photos on flickr

Still available...?

If so, what form(s) of payment do you accept...?

Could not see if any major cam-out damage to ends of Rail Mounts on Head...as located on opposite side of what you're depicting in photos. So, how does Head appear on the opposite side from your photos...? You can simply reply to my query; no need for additional photos. Only concern would be obvious damage to Rail Mounts. Also...no stripping or damage to Head of Clamp Bolt, correct?

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

Paul Vick [DG Old School]

Super close up of of all four sides of the seat clamp. Let's be honest, no used part looks amazing this close up. But would rather show the photos for you to decide the condition, than me describe it.

There's no damage to the rail mounts, and no marks or issues that you'll see when mounted - or if you cared, you could polish it reinstall the new decal and bring it back to A1+++++ condition.

IMG_1270.JPG IMG_1271.JPG IMG_1272.JPG IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1274.JPG

Many thanks for expending your time + effort to capture the McMahon Seatpost...close-up; great granular detail! I appreciate your desire to be honest and forthright in current condition of your Seatpost. I note and understand the used condition. However, I sight no issue that would preclude its purchase by me. Therefore, I will politely call Dibs on your Seatpost...as well as your re-pop McMahon Decal(s). However, I must firstly meet your payment terms, etc.

Just for some background on your Seatpost's potential new home...my intent will be to utilize on new Lairdframe Titanium BMX Race Frame [22 in.]--with ~98% U.S.-made components. I believe the only 25.4mm Titanium Seatpost [Made in U.S.A.] more rare than McMahon might be Moots...both have been frustratingly scarce to locate in these times. BMX typically only runs up to 25.4mm for its Seatpost diameter, since the Saddle is merely used for sitting at-rest or simple cruising, majority of time. Actual Saddle in my collection to crown this Post are several: Old School Mesinger, Old School Persons, Mid-School SDG [Made in U.S.A.], or New School Bi-Saddle SRT 1.0 [Made in Utah]. Most interesting component on this Frame is the Brake...given the paucity of Made in U.S.A. U-Brakes. Currently, I possess: Scott Pedersen SE U-Brake [NOS], Interlock Racing Design (IRD) Progressive U-Brake, Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB) Toggle Cam Brake, and Revenge Industries BMX U-Brake. I'm still on the hunt for the best WTB Roller Cam U-Brake ($$$$...I'm afraid) and I will continue to dream about a Cunningham example ($$$$$$...I'm afraid). Currently--as well, I'm on the hunt for NOS / excellent-condition McMahon Power-Link Scissor Brake; I've passed-over several examples due to poor condition for the price, and unfortunately I allowed near-NOS example at Bike Recyclery in Oregon to slip away in January for $600. Still have bad dreams about this lost opportunity.

Actual work proposed for McMahon Seatpost will be close inspection by Custom Framebuilder, careful dress-up to cam-out wounds, dimensional check to Rail Mounts, re-knurling as required, Cap Bolt inspection review for dimensional play, overall proper Bead Blast (to medium Grey), and application of McMahon Decal(s). When complete, Post + overall Bike will be featured on BMX Museum Website. You can rest assured your Seatpost will go to a good home and will be well looked-after! BMX life will be sedate compared to MTB life...a proper retirement; lol.

My apologies to you for the long-winded note herein. If you could be so kind to re-affirm your Price with Decals plus any other accompaniments (i.e. original Box, Instructions, Warranty Info, etc.--if any) you're willing to include. And also, please confirm your method(s) of payment. Am hopeful we can move forward to actual transaction thereafter.

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

Paul Vick [DG Old School]

Latest posts

Back