MBUK, 92/93 with light builds article?

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can anyone remember the 92/93 era MBUK with an article about building light weight bikes that featured an Orange Prestige? Think it was a special, possible summer 92? Think I still have it but don't know where it is!

I have a feeling someone posted it up on here a while back so would appreciate it if they could do again as I'm considering a replica.;)

Can anyone remember the 92/93 era MBUK with an article about building light weight bikes that featured an Orange Prestige? Think it was a special, possible summer 92? Think I still have it but don't know where it is!

I have a feeling someone posted it up on here a while back so would appreciate it if they could do again as I'm considering a replica.;)

Link to it in this thread Ed.
Scanned a quite a few articles in the search of a specific one. Been scanning again....more to add soon. MBUK 93 summer special BTW.

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Just read that......what did happen to 1.5" tyres. I had them on the front and 1.75" on the rear of my team marin ( farmer somebody's relative). Infact, i cant get anything over 2" in one of my 80s frames! 1.95" is just do-able.

I know they are producing new 2.1 tyres ( the guys sponsoring the may botm), and several others, but surely for a truly retro tyre they need narrower sizes.

I dont recall ever seeing anything over 1.95" as a kid...that was huge!.

Just sold on some wheels with this on. My gravel bike tyres are wider!! Pretty sure 1.95 was standard for me bitd.

Attachments

• 20210420_125618.jpg
    20210420_125618.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 4
Summer 93 I think - I have that particular edition to hand - reading it last week
The Stif workshop guys did a lightweight build - does that sound right?

Latest posts

Back