Mavic CrossLink help needed

gmtfd

Devout Dirtbag
Does anyone have a service manual for the CrossLink wheels from '98? Or failing that, could someone tell me how to disassemble the hubs to service them?

Any help much appreciated!

Gareth

I had a few sets, iirc you need a tool to hold the locking ring whole you unscrew the axle nuts. A pin spanner might also do the trick.

I had a few sets, iirc you need a tool to hold the locking ring whole you unscrew the axle nuts. A pin spanner might also do the trick.

Thanks. I have Mavic's plastic tool and I've been trying to use it to disassemble the rear hub (I haven't touched the front because it's silky smooth). There are only two places on the hub where it's possible to attach a tool - the aluminium ring on the non-drive side, and the nut on the drive side. If I use the Mavic tool to hold the ring, and then try to loosen the nut, the ring moves outwards until it contacts what seems to be some sort of cap (as shown in image 3 below). I can make the cap spin, but I can't remove it - the images show the unsightly results of my attempts to get it off! I'm completely stuck, can't figure this out at all...

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.JPEG
    2.JPEG
    464.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.JPEG
    3.JPEG
    475.3 KB · Views: 6
OK, so I've managed to remove the axle but now I have no clue how to separate the freehub from the hub! I don't suppose you have the instructions for how to do that?

OK, so I've managed to remove the axle but now I have no clue how to separate the freehub from the hub! I don't suppose you have the instructions for how to do that?
I don’t personally and the mavic website has always been a bit of a nightmare to gather info from. Let me have a look and I’ll report back. This is all done through the internet archive and as you can appreciate it’s not always that reliable.

Back