Wanted MAVIC A719 or ALESA 917 Wheels/Rims

Tootansimooon

Dirt Disciple
Hi All

As a heavyish man, touring around with camping gear on a Raleigh 708, my Mavic MA40s have gone-wrong (read, cracked) - and I'm looking for a replacement. Be it just rims or ideally wheelset (preferably with 7 speed shimano, 135mm spacing)...
I'm in the market for:
-Mavic A719
-Alesa 917

Open to other suggestions/offers - would love them in black - but again, open to see what people have available.

Cheers!

Simon

Hello.

This is an incredibly long shot considering you posted 2 years ago...

... but I recently picked up a 700c Alesa 917 rear wheel with a 7 speed freehub body from a local neighbourhood group.

I was doing some googling to find out more about the rim and hub and came across your thread here. I don't think the wheel is right for me but wondered if you'd be interested in buying it.

There are some issues which I can illustrate with photos if you are interested.

- looks like the previous owner has tried to pry the non-driveside dust cap off with a screwdriver and it's bent a bit.
- I think a dust cap is missing off the drive side hub. Not sure.
- no axle, cups, cones or bearings - it's the built wheel (hub, rim, spokes all assembled) with a 7-speed hub in the old style (with both internal and external threading to mount the cassette).
- corrosion where the spokes meet the nipples inside the rim.

Other than some minor scratches, it looks fine, with a fair bit of life left in the rim. Basically, you'd need to buy an axle and bearings to make it a working wheel.

£20

Happy to send pictures if you're interested.

Either way, I hope you managed to get out on that tour and have a great time!

Best,

Matthew

Back