Maverick SC32 forks help

danbe

Retro Guru
The right leg contains a low-pressure oil damper cartridge that provides rebound and compression damping. The left an airspring cartridge with a coil negative spring to reduce the initial spring force created by air pressure.
s-l1600.jpg

Any idea why the stanchion pushes in like this and doesn't rebound back out on its own accord?

I've seen many others like this also. Are they actually supposed to be this way or?

Any idea?
Hey man.
All I can say is that I have a pair of Duc's - and they do exactly the same. I believe the internals are similar, but it's ages since I looked at the manual, so that's only a guess. I think my Duc's are possibly one of the earlier versions with the not-so-good seals...tried once but now they're just sat around waiting...they are supposed to be easy to work on yourself though - that and the weight drew me in.

Hey man.
All I can say is that I have a pair of Duc's - and they do exactly the same. I believe the internals are similar, but it's ages since I looked at the manual, so that's only a guess. I think my Duc's are possibly one of the earlier versions with the not-so-good seals...tried once but now they're just sat around waiting...they are supposed to be easy to work on yourself though - that and the weight drew me in.
Hi thank you for the reply. They do share the same internals.
I have messaged two people selling a pair currently and both pairs are the same so I am guessing its how the fork is supposed to be (that or its an extremely common issue)

Hi thank you for the reply. They do share the same internals.
I have messaged two people selling a pair currently and both pairs are the same so I am guessing its how the fork is supposed to be (that or its an extremely common issue)
Also yes I looked at the manual which is available online and they appear to be extremely easy to service and cost effective.

Often manuals and diagrams often confuse me further and get me a bit flustered but with this, the troubleshooting and the simplistic design of the fork itself it seems so easy to follow that anybody can do it without much hassle.

Yes, totally normal.
The RH leg hasn't got much pressure in it (60psi), only damping, so there's not much to push the leg back out, only when it's connected to the LH leg spring (120-150psi) via the front hub.
With the RH damper locked out, you'll find the leg actually pulls itself up slowly.

All the best,

Yes, totally normal.
The RH leg hasn't got much pressure in it (60psi), only damping, so there's not much to push the leg back out, only when it's connected to the LH leg spring (120-150psi) via the front hub.
With the RH damper locked out, you'll find the leg actually pulls itself up slowly.

All the best,

Brilliant, thank you for the detailed response, hopefully this helps others also.

Back