Wanted Marzocchi Z3 (?) Foot Nut Replacement needed

adfontes

Specialized Fan
Hi all,
I was advised by Dr. Marzocchi to request help here about a broken part on my Marzocchi Bomber. It is difficult to identify. By the date stated on arch and crown it is a 97, the l.h. slider says 96, the stickers say it is a Z3, but the internals seem to be rather from a Z5 or a JR.T..
Anyway, one of its foot nuts broke during a maintenance workshop. Reading the Marzocchi spare parts list it seems like part no. 16.1266 or 532830. But I am not so sure.
@Acupussy had the same problem many years ago:
Thread 'Marzocchi foot nut mystery... Not quite vintage but close'
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/marzocchi-foot-nut-mystery-not-quite-vintage-but-close.204034/
I wonder, if anybody here would be able to provide a replacement?
Many thanks in advance!
Carsten
ACF99A4B-738A-463D-BBC5-AC427B5E98A5.jpeg 10D72E8E-2FED-4A55-9371-DF1A2B542B6E.jpeg A2B04614-9531-4E50-8404-11EC2E8C7FDC.jpeg

oh dear.
on the plus side, it doesn't seal on the thread. so I'd file of the nubbin flat, drill a blind hole (6-8mm deep)and tap, then thread lock a new stud in. I'd prefer to do it on the lathe, but it could be done very carefully with a drill and hand tools.

I think z5 foot nuts were the other way round i.e. the threads were on the push rod not the foot nut. I have a recollection of snapping one and it being a right pain in the nuts to get a new one.

oh dear.
on the plus side, it doesn't seal on the thread. so I'd file of the nubbin flat, drill a blind hole (6-8mm deep)and tap, then thread lock a new stud in. I'd prefer to do it on the lathe, but it could be done very carefully with a drill and hand tools.

I think z5 foot nuts were the other way round i.e. the threads were on the push rod not the foot nut. I have a recollection of snapping one and it being a right pain in the nuts to get a new one.
Hi novocaine. What a cool and also adventurous approach! Great idea, nothing to loose, will try this a.s.a.p.. Many thanks!

Without a lathe it will be very difficult to center!
I just thought about something similiar, can you please messure the diameter marked in the picture? May be some of the other Marzocchi foot nuts will fit. You can than fit a single part of threaded rod to create a screw.

Attachments

• 10D72E8E-2FED-4A55-9371-DF1A2B542B6E.jpg
    10D72E8E-2FED-4A55-9371-DF1A2B542B6E.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1
SOLVED!
Thanks to @novocaine and @kraeMit for providing such great proposals. With the help on my son I followed your advice and am very pleased with the result.
9E36F990-78D9-4E8F-8A1C-B8C396580BA6.jpeg
The new Allen screw is countersunk in the head of the old screw with a sealing ring to achieve additional tightness.
We drilled the hole with the help of a lathe. The thread was cut by hand.
Thank you all again! C20B0BEE-C884-429F-B398-40F5CFFAE23C.jpeg

Back