Marzocchi fork servicing

What oil are you using? And where did you get it? I used to just hit my local motorcycle shop till I started dating a biker girl who had the stuff on the shelf in her garage, but now I find myself missing the both of those sources 🤣

What oil are you using? And where did you get it? I used to just hit my local motorcycle shop till I started dating a biker girl who had the stuff on the shelf in her garage, but now I find myself missing the both of those sources 🤣
I'm using Motorex Fork Oil for many years, like a lot of Bike shops also do.

I've got a bottle of this for my next fork service, Motul Factory Line 100% synthetic:

Marz recommend 7.5w but I've also run 10w in the past. Depends how you like your fork to feel.

I've got a bottle of this for my next fork service, Motul Factory Line 100% synthetic:

Marz recommend 7.5w but I've also run 10w in the past. Depends how you like your fork to feel.
Yeah the heavier riders (I've set a few up) go thicker. So up to 15w and blend as needed.
Of course that's without all the hoohar of what 7.5, 10, 15w means for each particular oil.

For this era of fork Marzocchi have a nice tweaking manual to set them up for a range of rider weights, tweak from there, luckily X-Fly have easy adjustments unlike the lower end forks and springs.

Last edited:
Oil wise I went for this link as my old lbs in Edinburgh - Pedals Eco recommended it. Eco friendly and you can recycle the plastic. Reviews seem positive so went with 7wt. Was a tenner posted for 200ml.

robfinger - and there starts many a tale...

good to meet you fluffychicken! Enjoyed chatting and seeing your mancave. Lets hope those seals hurry up. Showing posted on Friday but still cant get live updates. Still the White Diamond High Polish arrived today so will keep me busy improving the already shiny finish on the frame and cranks.

lockwood - appreciate your offer but all good now.

Does anyone have easy access to an M-arch Z-anything? I'm needing the center to center distance between the two stanchions where they go into the crown. End goal is to use M-arch lowers with the earlier bolt-on stanchions and crown, if numbers match up well 🧐

Latest posts

Back