Marzocchi Bomber rebuild/replace internals?

marshole82

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
ive got these (if the link works)
20131024_135250_zpsacd1fce0.jpg

The preload doesnt work and they're really soft. is anyone in the know on how to fix these or if they can be fixed? maybe if there is another fork that i can salvage parts from as they are one of my favourite forks!

Cheers,

Oli

what model are they?

Z1, which use steel springs are a doodle to take apart - new springscan be purchased from chain reaction.

Most all with that brace (bombers BAM style brace) are easy.
Bushings, seals can all be bought.
If it's air fork , then just pump them up.
If it's not then just take the caps off and see what is happening.

the dropout look huge so I guess some early 2000 version ?

they are Z3 QR20's - circa 2000 i believe. anyone got any info on how to fix and where to get parts from?

got the manual online - looks like oil is needed so maybe not as easy as first thought?

Re:

If you have theamual, you have the year.

They are pretty easy.
Search forum for bomber service etc. There are plenty of threads. They might be in the old bikes section too.

cheers i'll have a look - i edited that thread above as i got the model last night but found the manual today! it's a 99

It's a 2000 Z3 QR20, not a Z1. The Z1 had the compression/rebound adjusters on top, would've been anno blue or black.

Write 'Marzocchi Z3 technical manual 2000' in google and the first hit will be the link on the marz site. Like the good Chicken said, they're pretty simple to work on.

Re:

Ukbikestore for seals and bushings. CRC for oil and grease

Search for alternatives such as enduroforks

Windwave/ukbikestore for other parts.

EBay for second hand stuff to grab bits from may be cheaper for odd parts

Back