Marzocchi 30mm tools

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
What is everyone using for installing new 30mm Marzocchi oil seals and wiper seals?
I see a few different seal installation tools for sale, which one is best for occasional use? Or is there some alternative?
I've changed wiper seals ok, but have 2 sets of forks still to do which will need oil seals too.

Re:

I used a socket of the same size and a large punch. Not difficult as the oil seal sits on a ridge in the leg.

Re:

Socket or black plastic pipe. If the diameter is close you can cut vertically to spread the pipe for a perfect fit.

jimo746":1wd44ng3 said:
What is everyone using for installing new 30mm Marzocchi oil seals and wiper seals?
I see a few different seal installation tools for sale, which one is best for occasional use? Or is there some alternative?
I've changed wiper seals ok, but have 2 sets of forks still to do which will need oil seals too.

Hi where about are you in Scotland? I’m in Inverness and have a set of the workshop tools for doing the seals and the bushing insert and removal too. Would be happy to lend them if needed?

Back