Marin lite cantis ?

Standish

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hi fellas,

Just got these and i am unsure if they are genuine, any ideas any one.
if you look at the arm without the bolt it's square on top others i've seen are dome shaped, someone put my mind at ease and tell me they are real

Eddie.

Attachments

• DSCF0058.JPG
    DSCF0058.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,472
Real or not, they are a bitch to set up!! ;)

Still, they are a great looking brake.

marinlite cantis

mmm....
never actually seen a genuine pair in the flesh..although should have'marin lite'printed on somewhere.i think these were an optional extra.i think they feature in the 93 catalogue on here,im gonna look now for reference but,
ive a feeling yours are some generic copies? ive got a pair very similar to your set and i dont find them particularly lightweight,nicely made though and should be durable.

marinlite cantis

sorry correction...95' bout half way down page to indian fire trail,rocky ridge.....going by them the cable clamp is recessed rather than proud.
the colour is spot-on though.
inigo montoya,you got any?

yeah looks like their not Marin, :oops: fool and his money and all that :evil: ,
thanks for your help anyway.

Eddie.

if they look anything like these, they are Fred Salmon racing and not that bad:

abcd0006_719.jpg

Yup, they're Marin Lite Cantis, they weren't an optional extra but standard equipment and were a bitch to set up. I lost many a knuckle when I worked in a Marin dealer. They should be married up with Ritchey Logic brake pads and Avid speed dial levers. They were a sort of Avid Trialign/WTB copy at the time when Marin had a big Avid/WTB tie in.

They look very similar to the Fred Salmon ones but there not machined out on the bit ? that holds the brake block, and there's no name on them.

Thanks for your help.

They don't look like the one's on my '95 Bear Valley SE
marin_1995_canti_122.jpg
which are these.

They were matched with Dia-Compe brakes (PC7 possibly) on that as standard, not Avid though.

They all came from the same factory and there were many variances in them over the years (not least becasue the early ones used to crack and were a pig to use), maybe these were made after the Marin link with the bits that were left over as the clamp and pad holder along with the tension adjuster is the same as marin, the body is similar to the tektro/salmon ones (but not the clamp etc).

Back