For Sale MARIN 1991 'Team Marin' Matte Black / Neon Citron 'Unridden' condition, beautiful!

dohurrymurray

Dirt Disciple
I need to make some space so my '91 Team Marin must sadly go. I think the two images show much (chum is a product photographer :) ) as to the condition and originality of the bike but as previously I'm having trouble uploading more of the close up images due to the large HD files.

You can also view photos on my now not much used Instagram account minty_bike or DM me and we'll arrange a WhatsApp exchange - but please no window shoppers / time wasters only genuinely interested members!!

This is a 17.5" C-C frame or 19" C-T.

Last year I sold another 'Unridden / NOS' Team to 'Wicket' on this forum, it was the 20.5" fluro / neon version but he was a very happy bunny - just ask him!

Now there are two items that should be highlighted.

After removing the bike from the box in temporary storage I was horrified to see a small scratch on downtube / decal, if I had more time I'd careful repair this matte black paint and neon letter (not a big challenge)

Secondly the LHS grip once had a small split on the underside, this has now travelled the length of the grip I suspect due to the heat. The plastic Marin bar end cap is perfect so basic replacement 'hex' foam grips are a cheap and easy fix.

Real bloody shame about these two items on what is an otherwise perfect bike, but hey it's 32 years old and incredible it's made it through time without a leg over. You may well just chose to live with imperfection (just look at those main images what a beauty)

On the basis of what I paid 3 years ago, the sale cost of the 20.5" 'not so popular frame size' Neon Team last year and factoring in the annoying blemishes I'm asking £1'300 - yes proper money but a proper bike.

I'm located in Chichester area - not so keen to ship due to recent damage sustained to another bike when employing what was once the UKs leading bicycle handler.

Enjoy and please do DM with any sensible questions, thanks Murray.
99C978FD-9EF9-41A8-B336-B3CBECFC8FC1.jpeg 8D60EB63-24F1-4AC1-81C4-676F4C45CF7F.jpeg

tempImage5aluE7.png tempImage7LlhIk.png

Latest posts

Back